Wednesday, July 07, 2010

88 Big Ones

My grandpa turned 88 on Monday so we had a little party. Menno Home style!
Grandpa was in fine form. Too bad he's so deaf....it's hard to yell at him to have conversations!
My boys with their great grandpa. They call him 'old' grandpa and he doesn't seem to mind...or maybe he just can't hear them!


Four generations. My grandpa, my dad, me and my boy!



Here I am with my Aunt Carla who is my Grandpa's youngest daughter. My dad has four sisters and no brothers!



Andrew got into trouble by stealing the old folk's straw and making mess. Liam is learning by example, Andrew!!




Liam took several....actually more than several trips around the room and hallways on Grandpa's walker. He charmed the elderly ladies everywhere he went!



And what's a party without crockinole. Grandpa still enjoys a good game of it and the boys love it too.

Then the clock struck midnight (actually 8:45 pm) and it was time to pack up and let the tired ones get to bed!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday to Uncle Omar...he looks really good. Crokinole...I haven't played that in years...it seemed to be quite the party game when I was young.

Terry said...

Thanks for coming. You made his day.