Friday, July 23, 2010

Special Guest

Thursday morning there was a lovely young lady at my door bearing gifts such as these...it was Ceara! We have what can only be called a traditional sleep over that has been happening ever since she was a wee thing on her visits to Canada.

I was very happy to have some female company in the house and she's such a pleasure to have around. She's matured into quite a nice young lady as you can see. Even though she and Nathan are only 4 months apart the emotional maturation level is becoming quite noticable. I'm glad she was able to still enjoy being with the boys though! They love spending time with her.

After lunch I took the gang to the wave pool. They swam for 2 1/2 hours solid and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Ceara was loving the diving boards! I was stuck in the kiddie pool with Liam which was exhausting. That kid has no fear!


For supper I made a big hearty pan of nachos with the works. We demolished them after our active afternoon.


Next on the agenda was a bit of hot-tubbing!

And then ice cream sundaes to go with our movie! Ceara made herself quite the masterpiece.

Finally they got settle to sleep in the family room...it was quite late. I needed them to get some good solid sleep for our day at the waterslides!

Yeah, we made it to Bridal Falls Waterpark before lunch. We were given some coupons (thanks Lois!) so it wasn't as dear as I thought it might be to get us all into the place.


Here are the kids warming up in the giant hot tub. I don't know why they needed to even go in that pee pool since the sun was plenty warm! We had so much fun going on the river rapids ride. I love it and came out injury free! That is a plus at my age! Keith did something to his back. Just figures!


Liam loved the waterpark and enjoyed all the sliding he could do.


All that fun made for a tired boy and Keith was able to get him to sleep for about half an hour in the afternoon. Once he woke up he was raring to go again!

Here are my tired critters at the end of a long and very fun day! Thanks Ceara for being our wonderful guest and I hope you had as much fun as we did.

2 comments:

villagegirl said...

What a fantastic day! And a lovely guest to spend it with. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

love those waterslides with little kids. also love the new flooring in your laundry area :)