Saturday, July 03, 2010

Best Buttermilk Pancakes EVER!


I like to make a hot breakfast for my family on the weekends. The menu usually rotates between waffles, pancakes and eggs & hashbrowns. A few months ago I had some leftover buttermilk to use up and decided to try a buttermilk recipe I had found online. This is now a regular item on my menu! These pancakes are absolutely delicious and I highly recommend that you try them. This weekend if possible!

Buttermilk Pancakes

3 cups flour

3 tbsp sugar

3 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp salt

3 cups buttermilk

1/2 cup milk

3 eggs

1/3 vegetable oil

Combine ingredients in order and stir minimally.

This makes lots of pancakes....enjoy!

2 comments:

villagegirl said...

Yum! I am of the mindset that buttermilk almost always makes things better!
I'll have to give this one a try for sure!

Anneliese said...

I love pancakes! They are like dessert!