Friday, January 14, 2011

Heading North for Home - Day 12

As painful as it was to awaken so early on New Year's Day it was a good day to travel. The roads (as you can see) were quite quiet which made our trek to San Diego very speedy. We chose to fly in and out of San Diego simply because of price. I really wish we could have saved ourselves all that driving by flying directly to Palm Springs but my frugal nature went for the better deal! It really wasn't a big deal to drive.

As get got closer to San Diego the traffic increased a little....but not too much at all!



Liam started getting restless with about 30 minutes of driving time to go. Chad generously let him play with his new wooden 'ribbitting' frog he had gotten from the street fair in PS. This entertained him for a good while.



Our rental return was much more pleasant than our rental pick up due to the glorious sun.


We got to the airport in such good time that we had a bit of a wait at our gate. Better to hurry up and wait when it comes to travelling though. Nathan and Chad are incredibly easy travellers. I love taking them places. Don't get me started about travelling with toddlers who are out of their routine.


Ready for take off and the 2 1/2 hour trip home to Bellingham! Thanks Uncle Murray for the MP3 players...the boys really enjoyed using them!

They checked all our luggage for free this time (nice) so we didn't have to worry about getting five carry-ons stowed which made boarding so much nicer.


After we took off and reached cruising altitude Liam fell asleep. It was nap time I and I thought we'd have a lovely two hours of peace. No. His nap lasted about 25 minutes and then he was up and needing entertainment. Keith let him play with his Ipod and headphones and that helped a lot!

It was a smooth flight home and I was more than happy to touch down amid a gorgeous red sunset at Bellingham airport. We quickly got our luggage and went to find our car. We didn't really prepare for the colder weather so were so cold in our lightweight hoodies!

We aren't quite the saavy travellers just yet!


It was a fabulous vacation. We feel very blessed to have been able to take a vacation like this...we don't take it for granted in anyway!


Now, back to our regular blogging schedule.

3 comments:

villagegirl said...

I've loved travelling with you!
And I'm glad it all went well.
Thanks for sharing so many of your pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that the trip posts are over. I kind of felt like I was on vacation.

Rachel said...

My parents leave PS for home today. I bet they are feeling kinda sad too!