Monday, January 24, 2011

Ramblings

-this is the first week since December 15th that we'll be back into a normal routine. Now that my parents are back from Palm Desert, my mom will be back to babysitting Liam on Mondays and Tuesdays and Lois will be back to Thursdays only. I really appreciated Keith's mom doing all that extra babysitting these past few weeks. This also means that our regular Monday night suppers at mom's are back on! We all missed that very much.

-Keith and I are hatching a plan for my upcoming birthday that will be a new adventure for us. Stay tuned for all the details in early February.

-I like rain....I really do. But this lack of sunshine is starting to grate on my nerves! Everything is so dank, damp and soggy. It's ugly and I'm ready for some drier weather really soon.

-Keith and I have started walking regularly again after a month plus hiatus. It's good to get back out there walking and talking. We enjoy that hour long time of chatting and catching up.

-Liam is either really wonderful or really cranky. Toddlerhood is full of extremes! One thing that doesn't change is that boy's appetite. I'm very impressed with his eating. Last night he ate half of a huge homemade hamburger, with some tater tots (okay not the healthiest meal but it's the weekend!) and a bowl of ice cream. And still...we have not found a food he won't eat.
We are slowly weaning him from the soother and most likely putting him into a bed within a few months. My baby isn't really a baby anymore!
Right now he's on a singing kick and all day long it's the ABC song with a few verses of Frosty the Snowman thrown in for good measure!
I bought the little guy a seat to put on our toilet and have been gradually introducing him to the idea of using it. What we do each night before his bath or shower is put him on it and see what happens. Most times he does a nice little pee for us and he thinks he's all that! We reward him with a smartie. I feel that soon we could probably go whole hog on the training but I am not quite ready for that yet! Very soon though.

-we are still diligently house hunting. We found the perfect house for us last week BUT it was not the perfect yard (too tiny) nor the perfect location. It was a shame to get so close but we are holding out for the house that has ALL things we want. One can always remodel or fix decor but one cannot expand the yard so some items are just non-negiotiable. We truly want to stay in our current area so are simply waiting for a 'For Sale' sign to pop up on a lawn around here. We have a realtor working for us and I am a total online MLS junkie AND we walk the streets regularly looking for signs. I think we have our bases covered!

7 comments:

Trace said...

Good luck with your house hunting!! We looked past quite a few perfect homes too because they basically had no yard. That was our big non-negotiable. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your birthday plans.

Your walks with Keith sound like the perfect combination of exercise and couple time.

Good luck with your house hunting. If I could I'd give you a chunk of my enormous 13-acre "yard" to put your dream house on.

Keri's Collage... said...

Your birthday plans sound so exciting!
House hunting can be fun, but we will keep praying that God will plunk that perfect house in front of you!

white girl said...

I'm so happy for you that you are back to the routine of dinner at your mama's house one night a week. What a blessing that is!

Happy house hunting! I hope you find the perfect one!

Can't wait to hear what your birthday plans are!

Beth said...

I love hearing updates on your life! Thanks for sharing!

villagegirl said...

I love your ramblings. Now I'm really interested to hear of your plans. Sure you don't want to tell us sooner??
I'd love to go on evening walks. Sadly my hubby walks all day long so the last thing he wants to do is walk some more.
I really do hope you find your house soon. Good for you for sticking to your guns. You certainly don't want to make the wrong choice involving that much money!

Fiona said...

Ooooh, your birthday plans are intriguing. Can't wait to hear what they are. :)

I totally hear ya on the rain. SICK. OF. IT. I usually don't have the Seasonal Disorder thingy, but this year I am SOOOO ready for some warmer weather!

Didn't know you were househunting. Very cool.