Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Plays Well With Others

A big thank you to Sonya AND Jillian AND Fiona who gave me the award of versatile blogger. To be honest this seems more like a 'meme' than an award but I am a good sport and I will play along! Okay...here we go.

Rules:
1) Thank & Link back to the person who gave you the award (Sonya, I won't link back to you since you're private)
2) Answer the following 10 questions
3) Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4) Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.


1. Why did you create this blog?
I started with a 'My Space' page but found it not quite what I was looking for back in 2005. I wanted to document our lives with stories and photos via computer. A hand written journal just wasn't something I was inspired to keep up but I found a blog to be very manageable! My goal is to print my blog one year at a time as a record for our family.


2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
Friends or people I feel to be kindred spirits! Also lots of photos and recipes help too.

3. Favorite Make-Up Brand?
I'm quite low maintenance and am content with Maybelline or CoverGirl make up. I am not willing to pay large sums of money on cosmetics at this point. Maybe when I have more wrinkles!

4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
Not a brand snob at all. If the price is right, the fit is good and the quality decent I will buy it. That being said my current favorites are AE, Jean One Warehouse, GAP Outlet and very occasionally Winners.

5. Indispensable Make-Up Product?
Blush since I am a pale girl.

6. Favorite Color?
It depends on what the color is for. Decor? Neutrals Clothes? Black Cars? White

7. Favorite Perfume?
Marine Groove by Escada is what I have been wearing since Keith gave it to be a few years back. I also like the light fragrances from Body Shop. I only wear a bit so you have to get nice and close to me to smell it. For nostaglia's sake I like a whiff of 'White Shoulders' now and again but I'd never wear it. I don't really know why it's nostalgic for me but it reminds me of my childhood.

8. Favorite Film?
Could not chose one film! Sorry....there are too many great movies to just pick one!

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Greece. I want to eat yummy greek food and see those gorgeous white washed buildings on the cliffs.

10. Would you rather forget to put on mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Blush...I could pinch my other cheek and make it look the same color :)

And then there was another award for a 'stylish' blog?! Hello! I'm the furthest thing from stylist but here we go anyhow!


Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.


1)I think that the technology these days is fantastic. I just love being instantly connected with old and new friends on blogs or social networks. It's been great to keep in touch with family that don't live in town or friends far away. Just sharing in the every day moments really keeps us connected. I love it. And I would give up my TV over my computer any day of the week!

2) I have hidden (not anymore!) dreams of being able to play the piano. One day I will get a piano, take lessons and play it for myself. I want to be able to play worship songs and hymns specifically.

3) I enjoy being home but rarely can stay home for an entire day without going nuts. I have to leave for a few moments even if for a short walk or a quick errand. Cabin fever sets in quickly but then I love coming back home again. I know in my heart I could not be a full time stay at home mom....I need to work part time for my sanity. I have all the admiration in the world to those who can do it and do it well!

4) I had a really good childhood and am super grateful for it. As one grows older they hear of all the sad childhoods people have had and it makes me very grateful for mine. It was really just amazing. Makes me realize just how much one's childhood affects the entire rest of their life.

5) I would really like to be an auntie. I've never been one and my children don't have any first cousins. I am hopeful this will happen one day.

6) Some people think I am cheap but I don't think that I am. Actually, to me a cheap person is stingy and mean with their money. Yes, I am careful with our money (which is a far cry from stingy and mean!) but that's only because I think it's something to be treated as a priveledge and I want to use it as wisely as possible. I generally don't care for frivolous spending.

7) Confrontation is something I avoid at all costs. I cannot handle disputes with people. If someone is upset with me or if I've disappointed someone I can barely function until it is settled. I really hate knowing that I am in someone's bad books...simply shrugging my shoulders and 'letting it go' does not come easy to me!

Now to award this to ten other bloggers, who are so very stylish each in their own unique way, and I love reading each one:

All done. No pressure on any of you play this game with me since these memes are time consuming and seem to hit the same person many times!
I'm fairly certain that since I've been blogging for so long that none of these 'things about me' are new news to you! I'm pretty open on my blog so it's probably all old news.
If you play along maybe I'll learn something new about YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the confrontation. I avoid it like the plague!

Thanks for playing along. I agree...these awards were more like memes but still fun.

Trace said...

We sound so alike on so many of these!! I'm with you and Sonya on confrontation - I like everyone happy!! :)

villagegirl said...

I'm totally with you on the confrontation! I can't stand it! I like peace, not war.
And the money thing. I agree too, it is a priviledge and should be spent carefully. I'm not one for frivolous spending either. It just feels wrong.