Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Puddles - Day 9

I didn't take many pictures on day nine. I figured that we all have seen rain before so the camera got tucked safely away in my purse.


Some of the thousands of wind turbines in the Coachella Valley


We all slept in a bit this morning and since it was poor weather we headed to the outlets which are about 35 minutes away from Palm Desert. My parents were kind enough to keep Liam home with them. It was overcast when we left and as we drove down the freeway we headed into a big dark cloud. By the time we got to the outlets it was raining heavily. The outlets are set up in a nice outdoor fashion which is perfect for the usual 350 days of sunshine they get a year. We were lucky enough to hit one of the 'other' days! The puddles were DEEP and the rain pouring off the eaves of the stores was like a waterfall. It was horrible! Add to that a chilly wind and you had the makings of a truly miserable day.

This was taken near the end of the afternoon when the rain let up and the sun tried to peek out.

We found a few deals on things we needed like shoes and some new shirts for Keith but there weren't any AMAZING deals to be found. Most of the stores were designer brands anyhow and I'm just not into that. The stores were extremely busy and there were a lot people. The foodcourt was nuts and after a few hours I was more than ready to go home. I'm no die hard shopper! We left for home around 3:30 pm to find Liam still napping. Bonus! We had dinner in and then the guys (minus Liam and Chad) all went to see 'Tron' in 3D at the Imax. I stayed home and got all domestic doing laundry and vacuuming. I must have missed housework?!

We then packed up a big picnic lunch for the next day so you must stay tuned for what we were up to on day 10!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we're on vacation shopping is always saved for rainy days. But I'm like you...can't handle more than a few hours.