Friday, July 29, 2011

Been Living A Lie

The other evening we took a lovely twilight walk over to my parents house. Nathan needed to do some 'bill collecting' for yard work and it's also nice to walk with a destination in mind as opposed to mindlessly strolling the streets as we usually do.
My mother immediately fed us (as mothers are prone to do) therefore erasing any calories we might have burned on the way over. Afterwards Liam trotted off to Grandad's cave of treasures (his office) and brought out the tape measure. Liam loves to be measured! His height, his belly, his arm....you get the picture!
This measuring bit led to us all getting our height checked. My Nathan now stands at a proud 5'6" if you can believe it! I asked to be measure too, just for fun. The results astounded me! I have (for as long as I can remember) told people that I am 5'8" (technically 5' 7 3/4") but NO this is not true. I have been horribly wrong and I don't know how this happened. I am actually 5 feet 8 inches and three quarters. Practically 5'9"! A giant. Keith is 5'9" and a quarter so he's just half an inch taller than me. So there you go. Get measured...perhaps you'll surprise yourself with an additional inch of height.
One thing for sure is that stepping on the scale would not be as fun. Stick to measuring your height for kicks!

6 comments:

Terry said...

Now everyone will have to look UP to you.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Good thing you got measured!

Terry said...

Rachel measures up. Oh, I am so witty.

Trace said...

Too funny!! Right, where's the tape measure... :)

Gaye said...

As long as you are growing and not shrinking, which tends to happen at your dad's age. (-:

Kori's House said...

I knew it!! Haven't I been telling you that you are 5'9" for years!!

I wonder if I am still 5'4.5"??