Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Worms

My two little bookworms got their very own library cards today. I really don't know why I hadn't done this before....I'd guess I was just lazy about it! Nathan was pleased to get an 'adult' card and Chad has his own kids card under my name. Now they can bike to the library themselves and take out books. They pester me to take them at least once a week. I remember doing the same to my parents. Once we had moved across town when I was 13 yrs old we lived really close to the library and I went on my own which felt like such freedom. Of all the good habits a person could have....reading is definitely hits near the top of the list!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Must be genetic. I had a library card from age 10. They ran out of books for me by the time I was 13.

Anonymous said...

I remember riding my bike to the library when I was a kid too. Good times!

Jennie said...

Love it! :)

Kori's House said...

I was shocked to read this. Can't believe your kids didn't already have one!