Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Gramps

Grandpa turned 89 years old yesterday. He didn't know who I was when I arrived, but that's okay. I think one is permitted to be forgetful by that age.
He said he also had forgotten it was his birthday. We came with cake and gifts to remind him!

Liam is a mighty fine help when it comes to blowing out birthday candles. Did you know that the key to longevity is eating lots of chocolate. It's kept Grandpa ticking for many many years. Even the staff at the Menno Home are astounded by the amount of chocolate my Grandpa consumes!
We had an enjoyable time in the back courtyard of the home.

Someone smart (Auntie Carla) even brought some coloring pages for the kidlets. Thank you!
And after an hour the sugar rush from the ice cream cake made Liam a bit nuts and we had all had enough....even Grandpa!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Thanks for coming. It made a memory, if not for Grandpa, then at least for the rest of us.

villagegirl said...

Ah ha! I knew it. I am going to live to 100 with the amounts of chocolate that I am capable of eating. :)
What a nice thing to do. It's these little acts of kindess and thoughtfulness that mean the most.

Anonymous said...

If what you say about the chocolate is true then I'm going to live forever! Haha!

Trace said...

I am going to remember that next time I try to talk myself out of a choccie!!

Kerry said...

I'm going to start eating more chocolate then...haha! Uncle Omar looks great!