Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Macaroons!

In recent years, I've really come to like coconut. I never disliked it but had more of a 'take it or leave it' mentality. So now I love a Bounty Bar and even more delish are chocolate dipped macaroons. Keith and I bought some at Godiva Chocolate in Seattle last month and just about had a conniption about how beautiful they tasted. I do get a bit over-involved in food...let's just put that out there. Since summer isn't cooperating this week, I've been baking. Today was macaroon day. I googled for a recipe and found on that sounded easy and good.

The results were disappointing...

They spread out and didn't hold their shape. And because it called for sweetened coconut they are SUPER sweet. The texture is nice though...very chewy. I decided to try again.

This time I went to my ladies at MGCC and the results were much better....


These held their shape, had good texture and weren't quite so sweet.

After both batches had cooled I dipped the bottoms in a bittersweet chocolate ganache.
Success! I cannot wait to try one for dessert after dinner. Then into the freezer they go where they will not taunt and tempt me.

4 comments:

AF said...

... perhaps some could be pulled out on thurseday... :-)

Anonymous said...

I love coconut and I love chocolate. Put them together and you can't miss. I'll definitely have to try making these!

villagegirl said...

Oh, I could quite happily live on chocolate and coconut, seperately and together. I had the most divine macaroon on Granville Island and I haven't been able to duplicate it. I think the MCGG recipe is the closest I've come.
Yumm!

poof said...

...mouth is watering...