Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let's Go to the Fair!

Really? This was my first thought when Keith uttered the above title of this post. You see, generally Keith isn't fond of fairs. The crowds, the aimless wandering, blah, blah, blah. I happen to like fairs so I was quick to agree with him and didn't really try to investigate his change of heart. (although I know it has A LOT to do with Liam!)
So off to the fair we went. It didn't surprise or disappoint...it's the same as it's always been. A little cheesy, a little small, a little dull but it had all the elements we needed. Animals, food and tractors!
Liam was quite hesitant to let this friendly goat get too close. I suppose it had something to do with Chad mentioning it would bite him.

There was a huge antique tractor display and my boys had to sit on every blessed one. That took up a chunk of time!

Liam patiently (or not) posed for all my picture-taking!

He reckons himself to a be a farmer. I remember Nathan going through a stage like this too.
The baby chicks were fun to look at. Along with the poultry, steer, goats, pigs, horses and sheep!
This massive modern beast of a tractor was Liam's favorite and he was disappointed he could not sit in the cab. We convinced him that a picture of it was the next best thing.
And what is going to the fair without getting something utterly disgusting to eat?! We had a hot dog baked in a waffle type batter. I'd say it was 'meh'.
Then the boys shared a bag of mini-donuts. I had two. Again...meh.
And then...we found a stand that was selling 2 lbs of freshly picked blueberries for $5! I bought some and we sat on the hill watching the horse show as we inhaled them. Way better than that greasy fair food. This is another one of those 'you know you're getting older' moments by the way!
The sun finally burned off the clouds and it got pretty hot so we decided to seek refuge in the Agrifair arena where they had various horse shows, dog shows, a pig round up and jumping donkeys!
And then Liam started to fade. We had enough of the dust and dirt and heat and walked two blocks back home. It was a nice way to spend a day!


PS.
Wondering where Nathan was? He declared he wasn't interested and stayed home. Teenagers!

3 comments:

Trace said...

Fairs must be the same the world over! Along with the food! HAHA! We call the hotdog things 'dagwood dogs'. :)

Anonymous said...

I would have been all over those mini donuts. Yum!

Kori's House said...

I'm now craving mini doughnuts... will have to wait for the PNE :)