Saturday, July 02, 2011

Celebrating Canada!

Here we are all settled in for the Canada Parade. We have been going since Nathan was born and have only missed once! Liam fell asleep last year during the parade and I knew that there was no way that would happen this year.
What a life! Sitting with his mum, having a lollypop and soaking up the sun.


Let's get this party started! Since we chose to sit quite a ways up from the start of the parade route, it takes some time for it to reach us.

He's my tall skinny boy walking the the Mayor's Green Team.


My dad took this photo further up the route where they ended up sitting.

I thought this year had some good variety over other years. There were many piping bands which I especially love. Abbotsford and Canada as a whole was settled by so many Scots!
I hosted the traditional 'after' BBQ at our place. We had a feast. Sadly because of my stupid head cold I could only just barely taste it. I'm pretty sure it was good though....that's what people told me anyhow!
The boys tucking in after all that hard working catching candy at the parade.
Kori and Roger enjoying their eats. Sadly, Keri, Dave and Vanessa were at a ball tournament that day so could only join us for the fireworks.
Playing several rounds of Bocci ball in the backyard. We have a great, level yard for this game.
All set to walk to the stadium for the fireworks show.
The whole gang (minus Vanessa).
Whee....someone's really excited!
Liam had the best transportation arrangements.
We waited for about an hour for the fireworks to start. They were all too tired from the day to cause any trouble.
Waiting some more. They had some entertainment while we waited which helped pass the time.
The grand finale when they shoot off more than one firework at a time. I wish the city would change up their soundtrack though. The Expo 1986 theme song is getting just a tiny bit dated!
Watching Liam enjoy those fireworks was just as good as watching them myself! He was spellbound.
It was all in all a most wonderful day!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Sounds like a great day to me!

Trace said...

oh fun!!! The video is just gorgeous.. so sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic day all the way around. Well, except for your cold.

Keri's Collage... said...

Thanks for feeding my kids :)
Wish we could have been there for the day to join you!