Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Review

While back my dad wrote a review about the book below. (click here to read)

It sounded rather intriguing and went along with my decision to read a larger variety of fiction and non-fiction.
It is quite good! I recommend. There were several 'laugh out loud' moments which doesn't happen often to me when reading so that was a plus. Yes, there is a small amount of 'green, tree-hugging, evolution type babble but I just skimmed over those parts. All in all a satisfying read and I now I have a few more of Bryson's books on hold at the library. I'll definitely let you know if they are worth reading too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read several of Bill Bryson's books but my all time favorite is In A Sunburned Country. If I had known you were going to be reading his stuff I would have brought it down for you. Although my copy is looking rather worn because Gary & I have read it so many times. I guarantee it will have you in hysterics and quite possibly on the next plane to Australia.

I've also read A Short History of Nearly Everything and although it was a little too brainy for me, I still found it fascinating.

I tried reading Notes From A Small Island and gave up a couple of chapters in. I also read The Life And Times Of The Thunderbolt Kid which felt like a total chore. To this day I can't remember a thing about it.

BUT, I've never read A Walk In The Woods so maybe I'll give it a go.