Sunday, July 06, 2008

Do Home Improvements EVER End?


No....I have decided, no. There is always something to do around here. Always. Home ownership is one eternal project!
After cutting in all day he finally got rolling the paint in the evening

Our latest endeavor has been to repaint our entire upstairs living area. Dining room, livingroom, hall and entry. My brother had a few days off and called me up Thursday to see if he could come over and paint. Heck yeah! I had chosen a color months ago and decided that if I liked it then, I should still like it now. We went with the new 'Aura' paint from Benjamin Moore. More expensive than their regular paint but covers in one coat! Bye bye Danville Tan and hello Weimeraner. It's a lovely gray-ish taupe. The original color reminded me of the contents of a diaper. Blech.

Mid-way done...I hate the chaos!

All done and looking mighty nice!


Also, Keith spray painted our entry light fixture. Replacing it was not in the budget but it's definitely improved now!


Next items are new wall sconces, window treatments for my dining room, casing around the windows and recovering my throw pillows!

I'm really happy with my new look....thanks Andrew. You name the dinner and I'll cook it for ya!

Before hanging the blinds back up I got Keith to clean the window...probably the only time they'll ever be done!

11 comments:

Murray and Tracy said...

I love the color you picked. It looks amazing in your living room.

Fiona said...

Great colour. Good choice.

Keri's Collage... said...

What a difference! It looks really nice!

Terry said...

So THAT is what he does when I give him a day off. And I thought he would go fishing.

Theresa said...

Everything looks beautiful, very nice color. I have a very long list around this house too... it will never be done.

Anonymous said...

Lookin' sharp!

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous color Rachel! it looks fabulous

Kimberley said...

expert choice rachel! love the new and improved wall colour. can't wait to see your finished dining room with new window treatments.

Lovella ♥ said...

I haven't tried the new aura paint from BM. I was always happy with the paint before and now I'm sure I'll be delighted with the one coat paint. We have to repaint this fall too, I'm a bit weary of lenox tan. . full tint in the office and half tint in the living area. I'm thinking that your tone would be really good with my couch, so I'll be keeping it in mind. It looks so good and isn't it nice to have it fresh for the new babe's arrival.

villagegirl said...

Looks fabulous! You have such lovely taste as always. Can we borrow your brother some time? :)

Stephanie said...

Rachel, I showed my co-worker you new wall colour, because they just bought a place and want to repaint. It looks like she is going to use the same colour you did. They also have dark furniture and red accents, so it'll look really nice. Almost makes me want to repaint too! Almost.