Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thank Goodness for Mom!

Her email address isn't busylizzy for nothing. My mom arrived first thing this morning with sewing machine in hand to start on my curtains. She measured, cut, ironed and sewed and by early afternoon I had some new window treatments. The photo just doesn't do it justice. They are very nice...and I love them. Chad told me he didn't like them at all....his exact words were: Mom, they look oldish. Keith said they were 'interesting'. But as long as I was happy he was happy. Men!

Unfortunately the lady at the fabric store didn't cut enough for all of my throw pillows to be covered like we asked her to. I will not drive back to Coquitlam to get more fabric so will take a peak around town here tomorrow for a contrasting fabric to go with the two we will cover.

Another project she took on was hemming my Ikea sheers for our bedroom. Don't they look nice and airy? What a steal at $20 for two panels!
The above photo shows one of our new wall sconces for our livingroom. We didn't really care for the gaping holes left in our wall after the new paint job was finished. It's all really coming together.

If that wasn't enough, after she was done sewing she asked for my gardening gloves and weeded my flower beds for two hours! I feel positively spoiled today.

7 comments:

Kori's House said...

I love them! Can't wait to see them in real life :)

Your Mom ROCKS!

QuiltNut Creations said...

yay for your Mom! the curtains look fabulous

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains! Love the sheers! Love the sconces! Everything's perfection!

Keri's Collage... said...

My naked curtain rods are calling out for 'busylizzy'!! Two years of naked curtain rods is long enough!

Theresa said...

I love toile, they look beautiful. I think the black and white look very new!

Across from the buns masters on ventura a fabric store there had black and green and blue toile. You probably already looked there, or maybe the store isn't there anymore, anyways it used to be there.

Shawna said...

Like it all -- However I think Chad thinks that "oldish" = "formal" the drapes are more formal, but I like that in a dining room and I LOVE the fabric!

Fiona said...

Wow. Everything looks beautiful!