Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kids Away...Moms Play



Kori and I shared this raspberry shortcake at the farm. It was extremely yummy!


This week both my kids and Kori's son are at our church daycamp. Luckily we did have one day off together this week to galivant to where ever we wanted. While the kids were off having a fabulous time doing whatever they were doing we drove around town having a great time.


Our first stop was to Krause's Berry Farm. We both bought a corn pizza and a pie. Kori also got some raspberries to make jam. I don't make jam even though I've been assured it's a cinch. Maybe one day. After that we decided to check out GMann Ornamental Grass Farm in Aldergrove. I had often driven the farm by but was always to chicken to stop in there alone. Kori was the perfect accomplice and we both ended up getting some beautiful grass. I got a Pampass Grass and Kori bought three different varieties of pretty grass for her garden. Great prices (even thought I tried unsuccessfully to barter him down $5) and over 200 types to chose from!


After that we had an unsuccessful trip to the fabric store. I might have to go out to Coquitlam after all. After being at Fabricana, no other store really compares to their selection.


Next was a quick lunch at Wendy's, a short jaunt at Costco and a run into Wal-Mart! After that Kori treat me to a lovely green tea ice tea from StarBucks with just enough time to sip it on my deck before picking up the kids.
It was a really nice day....thanks Kori!

The boys after another fun day at camp. Tomorrow they head to the waterslides!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Stephanie said...

What is a corn pizza?

Terry said...

I'm with Stephanie .... what on earth is a corn pizza? Surely not a pizza with corn! Maybe with a dash of mashed potatos and gravy too?

Kori's House said...

That was such a great day Rachel. Not often we get the entire day to ourselves. Loved every minute of it :)

Can't wait to eat my Corn Pizza and Peach Pie!!

(Corn Pizza: Pizza crust, pizza sauce, a heap of fresh grilled corn, red peppers, onions & artichokes - YUM!)

Keri's Collage... said...

Tell me again why LAUNDRY and CLEANING was more important than running around with you gals today???

QuiltNut Creations said...

i've never heard of corn pizza-it sounds very yummy!

Fiona said...

Sounds like a great day. Had a great time with you last weekend. Can't wait to hang out again. Have a good rest of the summer (I'll be out of commission for the next month). Talk to you soon!