Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Garden Tour and More




My impatients will greet you at the front door. Finally I find a flower that seems to thrive on my north facing front step!


I just love my hydragenas! My mom gave me two of her bushes last year and they love their new home. They started pink and have turned blue. I'm glad because blue is much prettier!


I don't know what these are but they are growing like crazy in one of my planters.

The popular petunia....doing very well in the south facing sunny location.

The clematis. I never touch it, prune it or baby it and it shows off for me each year. Isn't it gorgeous?

The beautiful lily



Who doesn't love a cheery daisy?



After all those years raspberry picking and packing I still love eating them. They are really doing well this summer.



The osteomum. The plant that keeps on blooming and needs a TON of water!



On to food. Andrew was over tonight for his 'payment for painting' meal. He requested seafood so I bought some seafood stuffed chicken from Clancy's. He declared it delicious!



My brilliant friend Aretha told me how to make DQ Blizzards at home. Oh my goodness! Just like the real thing! This could be dangerous. I made Smartie blizzards for the boys and Skor blizzards for the rest of us. Oh so good!


15 comments:

Theresa said...

Your flowers are amazing, we just did our grass a week ago (no grass for 2 years)! Maybe next year I will start my flower garden, I can't wait.

villagegirl said...

So beautiful! One day I will have more flowers. When I have a little more time...
Dinner looks delicious! And the blizzards! We used to make 'blizzards' all the time when we were dating but ours were usually oreo and sometimes with a little kick of Baileys or Kahlua. But you'll have to wait for that a little longer.

QuiltNut Creations said...

your flowers are fantastic Rachel-i love your clematis. and the blizzards-i think you need to share the recipe!

Rachel said...

Blizzard Recipe:

Throw several scoops of vanilla ice cream in your Kitchen Aid. Use the regular paddle attachment and start 'er up. Add a splash of milk, some chocolate milk syrup and a dash of vanilla. Add crushed candy.
Oh SO good!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel..my first comment :)
You have a beautiful garden. We just moved here in march so I am still not sure what to do with our front and back yard....I like seeing what other people have and am going to plan for next year. Anything that will take the beating from a 2 and 4 year old works for me ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your flowers! Most of those are favorites of mine and live in my imaginary dream garden. :)

Kori's House said...

I've seen it in real and it is gorgeous!! I hope one day my clematis is as happy as yours!!

I will be trying that chicken seafood combo real soon, it sounds delish!

Colleen said...

The clematis. Oh oh OH. If I were at your house right now I would sit on the grass, eat a handful of raspberries and stare at them for half an hour.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm! I wonder if there is a painter in Duncan who takes food for payment.

Murray and Tracy said...

Your flowers look awesome. Maybe next year you can help me pick some out. :) We will have to try out the blizzard recipe. That is Murray's favorite.

Keri's Collage... said...

Every time I see your flowers I realize how much I miss having them. One day...I will have lots!

cayman77 said...

Gorgeous display of flowers!!!!!! The colors are so cheerful :) I love flowers!!!!!! Especially roses:) B/L/U/E ones!

Canadian Kristin said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Your blizzard recipe: dangerous! We made them last night.....umm.....tooooooo yummy! Thanks for sharing that...if ever I tell the kids I can make them, I'm sure they'd thank you, too!!

Shawna said...

Lovely --- all so lovely!

Fiona said...

Beautiful. Everything, just beautiful. Even the blizzard. :)