Friday, October 10, 2008

Bit by Bit

Good news from the doctor's office today. Liam gained 3 ounces in four days. He is now up to 6 lbs 14 oz. We are really pleased with that. Dr D. says Liam 'has turned the corner'. So the meds must be working. I have noticed that Liam isn't taking a whole hour to nurse anymore (40 min. or so now) and that when he is done eating he has a milk mustache! There must be a more plentiful supply for him. It's a big relief for me!

Keith has been experiencing really tense shoulders and neck muscles lately. He usually can get a 2-3 minute massage out of both Nathan and Chad but today he told Nate to walk on his back. Nate was more than happy to oblige. Keith tells me that it actually felt quite good!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME NEWS...my prayers are working:)

Anonymous said...

That whole back walking thing only works until the kids get to be a certain weight. Trust me...I know!

Stephanie said...

Woohoo! Way to go! That must be such a relief for you guys. Love the up-close picture of Liam with the soft edges. Are you using PhotoShop these days?

Jenn said...

Great news! He looks so cute!!!

Terry said...

Hooray for milk moustaches and Japanese massages!

Chastity said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy things are getting better on the nursing front!

Canadian Kristin said...

Great news for Liam's weight gain!

LOL....this is a typical scene at our house: big kid walking on Daddy's back to massage out muscle strain from carting around little kids!

Lovella ♥ said...

Ah. . .so glad the little guy is getting a little weight on him. .I love the close up of his very serious sleepy face. So darling.
Oh .. I've done some of the back walking too .. .I did it last Christmas on my grown son, but paranoia that I would break his back(how emabarrasing would that be?) I put some of my weight on the back of a chair .. .