Monday, October 06, 2008

Getting Our Groove Back

Well, today is day one of 'regular' life. Keith is back at work. I drove the boys to school. All went tickety-boo. I guess having a wee one doesn't have to make life too crazy after all. Liam isn't actually a very fussy baby. We've just learned that he loves to be swaddled tightly and will take a soother quite nicely if you put some gripe water in his mouth first! It's not good enough for him to dip the soother in the gripe water...he wants more :)


On Saturday while Keith and Nate were at soccer, Chad and I took Liam for his first walk. He seemed to enjoy the stroller ride. We only went out for about 20 minutes and took it pretty slow. I was a bit sore afterwards but it sure felt good to get some fresh air.
Keith was called to a fire investigation during the wee hours of Saturday. He was gone from 4 am to noon. Poor man...as if he didn't have enough sleep interruptions. He got a little cat nap with Liam that afternoon.
Nathan is a great help. He's been so awesome, vacuuming, getting me things when I'm nursing, being the official soother putter-inner during car trips. Thanks Nate!
On Sunday we actually made it to church.....and the early service to boot! Liam loves to curl up like a little peanut and sleep on me. I can't say I mind too much! (but I've got to stop calling the baby 'Chad')
Yesterday we went to K's parents for Thanksgiving dinner. She will be away next week so we had it early. It was very yummy and Liam slept pretty much the entire time. What a good boy!

Well I just pulled a banana bread out of the oven, folded the laundry and it's time for Liam's circumsion. Tara!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very impressed how you've just picked up and carried on with regular life. But then, what choice does one really have?

I love Liam's blanket. It looks so warm and soft. Do you think they make them in an adult size? :)

Canadian Kristin said...

Hmmmmmm......I had the same experience and wonder...is it having a new baby in the house, or having the Daddy home more than usual that makes the adjusting a bit much that first week!??!! Let's blame the baby, shall we! ;-)
Glad to hear you are getting out of the house and avoiding cabin fever...I didn't know that you could drive so soon after a c-section, aren't there rules and stuff? Good for you to be feeling able!!!

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of Nathan and Liam. So precious.

Kerry said...

I love the pictures and your boys look like really proud big brothers.

Chastity said...

Wow, you've already made it back to church...that's quite impressive.

Fiona said...

did you just say, "getting a banana loaf out of the oven?" you are superwoman. seriously. i'm in awe.