Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Gut Feeling

So, as much as you are probably tired of reading about Liam's eating habits I am tired of stressing about them!

A few nights ago I had made a decision to give Liam a bottle of formula after his feeding. Basically, this was a test to see if he was full after breast feeding or not. He often roots around and sucks his fist after a long feed so I was suspicious. Well....he took to the bottle like he'd been drinking from one all his life and slurped it down so fast! Suspicions confirmed...the child is hungry.

So...for now we are giving him a bottle before bed (and yes this does let us have a good four hour stretch of sleep) or any other time he appears hungry after a feed. It makes me happy to see him happy so now everyone is HAPPY!


Keith is enjoying being able to feed Liam himself instead of me doing all the work :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe...I remember that feeling with Tnysha...I felt horrid for 'starving her'...not really but who knew she needed MORE?!?!?! It is GREAT that daddy can help now...although once Auntie Koko finds out she will come over and feed him all the time...

Chastity said...

Well, being healthy and happy is most important, so don't feel bad about this decision. If he's drinking it, then he must need it.

QuiltNut Creations said...

nothing wrong with that! enjoy your extra bit of sleep :)

Anonymous said...

What a relief that you were able to figure this out. Things should only get better from here.

Keri's Collage... said...

I knew we had a 'gut' for a reason :)

Terry said...

Hey, he is a man and he needs a full stomach. This good all around.

villagegirl said...

Yep, if his tummy was full he wouldn't want more I'd say.
Sometimes a little supplement goes a long way. Especially towards sleep! I hope that it continues!

poof said...

That's great Rachel. I hope this means more sleep for you. I don't know how you've been surviving on so little.

Happy baby, happy mom, happy home.

sultana said...

Hurrah for all of you............I remember having the same struggles. I ate one gallon of icecream every week for 2 months and it didn't make any difference while I tried nursing.

Lovella ♥ said...

oh Rachel .. you are such a good mom. .and he's a hungry boy. . .it's all good. .he's happy and you'll get another bit of sleep.