Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trying to Fatten Up!

Reporting back from our most recent check up at the doctor's office. Liam gained four ounces last week. Dr. D. says slow and steady is good enough for him. So he is now up to 7 lbs 2.5 oz. Not quite at his birthweight but we'll get there.
We told the doctor about Liam's horrible digestive issues. The poor kid farts and pukes and has the loudest digestive sounds coming from his belly. It was recommended that I remove dairy from my diet (boo-hoo!) and that we buy some pro-biotic drops called 'Bio Gaia'. The tiniest vial of liquid you've seen for $32! Liquid gold, I'd say. But if it helps then I really don't care how much it costs!!!

On Thursday night my wonderful girlfriends threw me a baby shower. I feel so spoiled since one usually only gets a shower for their first born. It was 'showered' with so many wonderful gifts and Liam is going to be the best dressed child ever!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No dairy? That kind of sucks. But I guess if it helps Liam then it will be worth it. How long do you have to keep up with that?

Looks like a nice shower. Presents are always good. :)

Keri's Collage... said...

No dairy is hard, but hopefully it will help Liam and you will get some much needed rest. I know how much you love your cheese, so hopefully you can have some in the near future :(

Terry said...

Maybe I shouldn't have given Liam those peanuts and beer while we watching the fooball game the other night. Male bonding, you know.

Keri's Collage... said...

It was so nice snuggling with Liam the other night! He's such a little sweetie!

Chastity said...

You're joining me in the no-dairy-breastfeeders club, huh? At least you didn't have to remove soy too...it's in everything! Seriously though, no dairy stinks, but after a few days you kind of get used to it.

Kerry said...

Looks like you had fun...here they throw you a baby shower for EVERY baby. I feel kind of bad already. Hope the drops work for Liam. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

oh how fun to have such great friends who obviously love you. Are these care group girls or high school friends? I'm always trying to piece how you know each other.
I'm glad to hear that the weight is going up. . .that is the main thing.

villagegirl said...

That's a tough one. Hopefully that will settle his poor tum.
I would think eventually you'd be able to slowly introduce it again. But in the mean time that sure limits things!
The shower was so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's always fun to spoil someone.

Fiona said...

what fun! friends are great, aren't they?