Monday, October 27, 2008

Happenings

My regular Wednesday visitors (who really come to see Liam, not me!) brought over a delicious sushi lunch! It was so good.

Then on Wednesday evening my office put together a baby shower for Liam and I. Liam and I were positively spoiled by excellent food and extremely generous gifts. I was given a MEC backpack so we can trek around with Liam on our backs. Actually to clarify....Keith will be wearing the backpack!

Aretha hosted the shower. Just look at all that fabulous food!
Kori's famous cookies. Isn't she talented?
I wish I could eat like this everyday!
Giving Liam cuddles....he was a perfect baby the whole evening.

Yesterday was my THIRD baby shower! Yes, very blessed! My aunties and cousins put together a joint shower for me and my cousin who is due in February. It was a good time of food, presents and lots of visiting!



Keith gave our cat a bath on the weekend. I had to include this shot as she looks so very ticked off. In reality she didn't mind the bath too much. I think this was her first bath in about seven years. It was time.
Nate and Chad continue to adore Liam. The novelty of having a baby in the house has not worn off at all. They just love him so much.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, after seeing all that delicious food I'm even hungrier than I was before. I've definitely gotta' go get some lunch!

Terry said...

What you need Sonya, is another baby and then you too can lead such a charmed life. Rachel is being spoilt way beyond recovery!

Kerry said...

The food looks great, and what great friends and family...glad you were blessed!!

Keri's Collage... said...

What a fun post! So much going on :)

On a side note...I love the cuddles with Liam, but he's not a great conversationalist so it's great that you are there too! haha

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you're getting spoiled! I don't know what you have/need, so I'll just take you and Liam shopping next time we're over. I hope it doesn't take long cause I really want to see him soon!!
That is so special that Nathan and Chad are adoring him. You all make a beautiful family of five!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Rachel, I just love pouring over the pictures of Liam and your friends over for lunch. . .and then. . .Was That Herta? I'm sure it is. . .is she your aunt?
Oh .. am I nosey or what? I actually came over to see if you were the one that posted the German Pancakes, which I still need to look for in your archives. My dil was looking for a recipe and I was sure it was on the MGCC blog and she called me later to say, NO it is not. . and then I remembered you might have put it on your blog . . .when you have some time, can you transfer it onto the cooking blog? I will feel really stupid now if it wasn't you. I should have checked first.

Lovella ♥ said...

Good grief, it is me again..
I found them and I have to say, they clearly made a big impact on me because you posted those pancakes in March of 2007.
OH. . and I wanted to say too that the food for your shower looks so yummy and I was so impressed with Kori's cookies. So cute.

Fiona said...

GREAT picture of you and Aretha. I'm glad you had THREE showers. ;)