Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm Weary

Sigh.....I'm tired. It's been a long week. Work has been slow and slow days seem to suck the life right out of me. I thrive in a busy atmosphere....I love the sense of accomplishment I get.
Each day has seemed so long this week. Today was my first day off since Sunday and I did use it wisely. I took the entire morning to clean all three bathrooms thoroughly, dust, tidy, do three loads of laundry and vacuum the house. It looked so nice with the sun streaming through the back windows. Shiny and fresh. It doesn't take long for that look to go away though......five hours of the boys being home and it's all hodge-podge. Sigh.
I had the joy of laying in the dentist chair for 45 minutes this afternoon. I didn't think I was nervous but after he was done with my filling I realized that my whole body had been tensed up the entire time. I felt very stiff as I climbed out of the chair. I supposed I have some deep rooted (ha ha...get it?)fear about him hitting a nerve as he is drilling or something crazy like that. Anyhow, I must give credit to my children who sat in the waiting room the entire time and were as good as gold. The receptionist told me they were excellent. So it's good to know that bribes work :) I had told them that if they were good I'd let them each pick out some ice cream. I didn't take into account that I would look like a freak with a half frozen face so I bypassed the embarrassment and called Keith to get him to stop by the store on his way home from work. The bright spot in my day was that Bryer's (our favorite brand) was on sale. And you all know how much I love a sale! Now it's time to try out that ice cream, cuddle up on the couch with Keith and watch Survivor.

6 comments:

Kori's House said...

What Flavor did you get?!?!

Why is it that slow days suck the life out?!?!

villagegirl said...

Yuck, I never liked slow days either. Pure torture. I'm glad you had such a good day off yesterday - minus the dentist. Funny, even after years of working in that environment I still get heart palpitaions if I have to get something done. Ugh.
Yes, do tell what flavour!

Anonymous said...

I can totally sympathize with you on the house cleaning thing. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cleaning at all if the rest of the fam seems to prefer living in a mess.

Don't you just love bribery? I'm glad that I'm not the only one who uses it. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

I bribe myself to clean house. It goes a little like this ..
just take out the cleaning things and you can waste two minutes reading blogs . .(that is where I am right now) .

Gotta go . .bribing does work.

Glad you got that dentistry over with. Glad you got good kids.

Rachel said...

PS.
Chocolate Chip Mint & Orange Creamsicle Swirl

Keri's Collage... said...

I am with you! Since I started my "part time job" I haven't been home and I am pooped!
I need to spend a day cleaning! I do a little bit every day and it looks good, but everything needs a good ol' srub! Yum...Orange Creamsicle Swirl!! Good choice! But I'm a Birchwood girl myself!