Saturday, December 08, 2007

Parenting Error #1068

Just chalk up another poor parenting moment in my career as mum.
Nathan came home from school yesterday in a bit of a funk. There had been an assembly at school that day and they had announced all the students who had gotten on either the honor roll or effort roll. Nathan told me that his name wasn't called and he was pretty confused about why! Understandable. I told him that I didn't understand either and decided to pull out his report card to double check his grades. As I re-read the accompanying notice with the report I saw that indeed he did NOT get on the honor roll. They take the grades from the four core academic subjects ONLY ..... not the other courses such as fine arts or PE. Ugh. So indeed Nathan needed 13 pts to reach honor roll and only got 12 points.
I had to tell him I made an awful mistake and I was ever so sorry.
Definitely not a good feeling....poor kid.

6 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

poor kid!

Keri's Collage... said...

Awww! Hard to take when you're a kid! The good news is that he got 12 points! That's really good too :)

Canadian Kristin said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Poor Nathan.....oh, that is really disappointing. Doh!

Anonymous said...

If that's the worst thing you ever do, consider yourself a successful parent. I'm sure that Nathan's forgiven you already.

villagegirl said...

Oh shoot. Well, he'll also learn that adults make mistakes and it's ok to admit them. So close though! Poor kid. I agree with Sonya, if that's the worst you do - you're doing good!

Lovella ♥ said...

I always counted all the marks .. academic schmemic . .he's one smart boy.