Sunday, December 16, 2007

Party On!

One of the side effects of the festive season is loads of blogging material. I realize it's just a repeat of last year's December posts with everyone just looking one year older but here we go anyways!
Keith and I are both very fortunate to work for employers that host wonderful Christmas parties. My office has it's own little party every year for just the staff. My boss has been very gracious each year to host it at her home. She has been my manager for almost 15 years so I really feel 'at home' there and enjoy it more each year.
Me and one of my wonderful co-workers. I work with the best bunch of ladies ever!


Then our corporate office throws a huge bash for staff and their spouses. They do go all out, starting with a champagne reception, followed by dinner, dessert and a dance. We always have a great time!

On top of all these good times, both of our places of employment give parties for the kids. Now that is a huge treat! I grew up in a home with a self-employed dad so this was a foreign concept to me. Our boys have been very lucky to be able to go to two parties each Christmas that are completely catered to kids! The credit union hosted a wonderful party at the bowling alley a few weeks ago. It was held on the Sunday where we had a dump of snow so there was a very poor turn out. Fortunately that meant that our kids were bowling in a lane all by themselves and really didn't have to wait for their turns. There was more than enough food and no big line up to see Santa either!


Nathan got a cool 3D tank puzzle and Chad got a dinosaur activity set. Perfect for him as he is very much into creating and drawing at the moment.
Today was another party for them at the firehall. Santa came, as per tradition on the fire truck and took time to chat with each child and give them a gift. Along with that was a hot dog lunch, craft table and cookie decorating station. The boys had a wonderful time!


Chad getting a hot dog. Not sure if that is the highlight or if Santa is?! He loves hot dogs and I rarely make them at home.

Chad made this cute little card at the craft table. Nate was too cool for that and played foosball with a new friend.

Then Santa arrived with the lights and sirens. Good times.
Chad and Santa having a heart to heart.
He loved his gift. Sort some of Mega Blocks super ATV thing-a-ma-bobber.

Nathan having his turn with the man. I have a feeling this could be the last year Nate will sit on his lap. Hmmmm....we'll see!


Nathan received a Mustang model to put together. He's working on it as I type.
I do believe that we are now done the work parties. Next on the Christmas agenda are the family gatherings. The highlight of my Christmas season!

6 comments:

Terry said...

We met that wonderful boss of yours at NBC tonight and had a little chat. I trust she didn't think we were weird.

And if you look closely at Chad on Santa's lap, you can read his lips. He is saying, "But Santa, I can explain!"

Anonymous said...

What wonderful parties!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Santa on a firetruck is too cool!

jealous you got Chad on Santa's lap, Aaron said there is no way this year, will have to see lol

Kerry said...

I "tagged" you on my blog, so check it out! Sounds like your Christmas parties were a lot of fun.

Keri's Collage... said...

I have fond memories of firehall Christmas parties as a kid! Getting a gift, playing under the pool table and the gigantic sub-sandwich was always something to look forward to! If I close my eyes I can even smell the room :)

Lovella ♥ said...

oh i do remember the kids parties. They always loved the gift and all the tasty treats.

party on!!!