Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Answers to Some Great Questions!

Wow! I didn't think I'd get such tough questions. I'll do my best but some of them have really got me thinking....thinking that I don't really have good answer!

1. Has blogging changed or effected your life in any way and if so, how?
Well, I now have a journal of the past 3 years or so of my life. I am pleased about this because I am too lazy to keep a journal the old fashioned way and I am not creative enough to scrapbook. I do plan to save my blog to disk to keep as a memory. I suppose I do take more pictures because of my blog....pictures of things that I normally would not. Such as food, flowers and everyday life.

2. If you could go anywhere in the world where would that be and why?
England! I've always been fascinated by the English culture and landscape. I especially want to visit Cornwall. I read many novels set in this area and it sounds so beautiful. I'd love to explore by bike or by foot. And all those delicious accents....mmmmm!!!

3. What's on your bedside table?
Dust, framed double photo of my two boys, clock radio, lamp, a parenting book, my blood pressure monitor and some pamphlets on vaccination.

4. What is your 1st 2nd and 3rd priority in life?
Number one would be loving my husband in the way he needs to be loved, number two would be looking after the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of my boys and number three would be making sure I don't go crazy.

5. Where did you spend your honeymoon?
We drove down the Oregon Coast and then went to Disneyland. It was very fun! All inclusive resorts were not a big item back in 1994 but that's what I'd do now.

6. What is your favorite colour?
It really depends on what the color is for but if I had to pick just ONE it would be green. It's fresh and alive.

7. Are you very "girlie"?
No, I'm not at all. I do not enjoy primping and pampering myself. I don't get manicures or pedicures and put off coloring my hair until the last possible moment. I am not creative and do not like crafts...they frustrate me.

8. What is your "passion" in life?
This question was a bit scary. I don't know that I have one...is that bad? I'm sort of mellow in really loving my very mediocre existence. (and I wonder why Nate doesn't have more drive!) I am content with the everyday. I do not crave thrills and adventure. Too some this is boring I suppose. Perhaps I will discover my passion one day....I hope so!

9. What did you think of your husband when you met him for the first time?
I thought he was incredibly good looking and thought I would be the luckiest girl in the world we could end up together!

10. What is your favorite TV show?
Amazing Race. I get to travel for free!!!

11. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I haven't travelled too much so I will only chose from the places I've been. I love my grandparents property in Oroville WA. It's very peaceful and relaxing. No TV, no computer, no radio, no phone. It's a complete get-away!

12. Do you like being Mennonite?
Ummm....sure. I've never thought about it before. But yes, I like it. I like having a strong heritage that I can learn about. So many people do not know their backgrounds. Plus we there are some great Menno jokes out there and I can relate to most of them :)

13. Do you find Abbotsford to be full of snobby Mennos?
No, not in the circles I run in. I find Abbotsford to be full of young people with too much money (new houses, new cars, toys, etc) at an early age that have not had to work hard for it. Whether they are Menno or not is beside the point. I do wish people would be content with less. I hate the unspoken competition to one up each other. There are snobs in every ethnic group.

14. What is your most embarassing moment?
I have many but will only share one today....at a party in highschool when some guy accidently hit a pool ball off the pool table onto my foot and I yelled an obscene word VERY loudly and the whole room got quiet. Oh dear.

15. What would you like to be doing 25 years from now?
Exploring the east coast of Canada and the US in a lovely RV with my husband and a dog.

16. What is your favorite food to snack on?
I'm pretty open but it has to be crunchy! I really like apples and popcorn.

17. When did you commit your life to Jesus? How did it happen?
Let's see...I can't really remember. I must have been very young. What I do know that as a young person I would 'become a Christian' over and over again just in case it didn't 'stick'!



10 comments:

Kori's House said...

I thought I knew everything about you! I guess I didn't :)

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I can relate to your plan in 25 years. That's our plan as well, although I only have to wait 10 years or so until that dream comes true.

Karis said...

Very cool to read all the answers!!! :)

Shawna said...

That was a great question about being mennonite...Fabulous q+a!

Shawna said...

Oh. I meant to say, you can print off your blog and make it onto a book, or two or three. Go to my site and click on "blurb photo books" on my side bar. They are quite well priced and have fabulous layouts:)

Keri's Collage... said...

RV and a dog? I never would have thought :)

Stephanie said...

Rachel, I would say you definitely do have a passion. Your family!

villagegirl said...

Well, I learned a few things myself. I thought your answer to #13 was very well put. And I whole heartly agree. It's a bit shocking really.
Can we come rv-ing with you? That's our plan too. :)

Lovella ♥ said...

Rachel I really enjoyed this one. . I'll likely copy it myself on a day that I feel brave.

Great answers. . .

Fiona said...

Hey, Fiona here. Very far behind and doing a little catch up. :)

Loved your answers:
2) and if you're in England, you'd be close to Sinead and fam for a visit as well.
7) you're more girlie than some girls I know. At least you wear dresses/skirts/makeup.
10) good answer!
13) GREAT answer!
14) love it! haha
15) very cool

Fun getting to know you more.