Monday, May 12, 2008

V-Dub...I Missed You!


It's good to have you home little blue car!

Today I got my car back from the collision shop. We had been without it since April 1st and that's no joke! Ha ha ha.....pathetic humor attempt there.

I sure missed that piece of metal. Strange how one can get so attached to a machine.

It's been detailed within an inch of it's life and will never look so nice again, I'm sure of that. I was a bit concerned that driving standard again would take some getting used to but it's just like riding a bike.
Now....NO MORE ACCIDENTS please God for a LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was our courtesy car for the past several weeks. I really enjoyed driving it....very peppy! The most annoying feature was that it did not have power locks. It was a foreign concept to my kids to have to actually PRESS down a knob to lock the door and they constantly forgot to do it.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Awesome!!! Finally. Does it wobble now when you go around a corner? :)

Anonymous said...

There's just nothing like the comfort and familiarity of your own car.

QuiltNut Creations said...

that was gone a long time. welcome home V-Dub!

Stephanie said...

Happy you got your beautiful Jetta back again. But looking at your big clean double garage makes me a wee bit envious. Wish we had a garage, period! Ah well . . .

Shawna said...

Lovely -- glad you got your babe back....now here is the other question - What are you going to do when the baby arrives? I don't think the Jetta & Jeep will accomodate such additions?!?!?

Rachel said...

We are keeping the Jetta. It should fit three in the back. I know it'll be tight but c'est la vie!
The old jeep in the garage is not the one Keith uses and will be sold this summer. His current jeep is also to be sold this fall. We aren't sure what we'll replace it with but it must seat three in the back and be good on gas!