Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rewards and Bellies

The kids finished their swimming lessons today. Nathan passed into level 5...yippee! Chad did not pass, BUT he did go from barely putting his face in the water to actually being able to swim. He's got a long way to go in his confidence but he tried very hard and made great progress. We rewarded Chad with a new scooter. Chad's old one broke about a month ago and he's missed it! When Keith and I go for our fast walks the boys keep up on their scooters so this was a gift to myself as well! I had told him all along that he would not get it unless he passed but knew deep down I knew that he simply was not going to be put in the next level just yet. He deserved a reward anyhow for his fantastic improvement.
Nate is going to get a reward too but his will have to wait a little longer until we can get down to the States.

Also, I was at the doctor today for a check-up. It was very routine. Happy to report that no news is good news and everthing is going really well. Still packing on weight like a crazy woman (seriously) but he doesn't say anything so it must be fine. I expect I'll gain the same as I did with Nate and Chad.

Here's a current photo of me. I finally have something to show you! Broke out the maternity pants yesterday and am loving the comfort. Only 18 weeks to go!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Finally a belly shot. You look amazing! :)

Kerry said...

YEAH!!! I love the tummy!!! You look great and might I add that pregnancy looks really good on you.

sultana said...

I'm so proud of your blooming shape!

Keri's Collage... said...

Where did that belly come from? It was flat as a board last week!?!?!?!
You look so cute :)

Murray and Tracy said...

You look great! I can not wait to meet the baby!!!! :)

Shawna said...

YaY for one more thing being finished for the summer. And a big congratulations to both the boys getting in the water week after week. It takes dedication that's for sure!

Fabulous looking belly! Are you enjoying this pregnancy more since you already have two older kids instead of having two toddlers?

You do look great!

Terry said...

You and your daughter are looking fine! (He says, going way out on a limb and taking a chance that in great humility he may have to eat those words.)

villagegirl said...

You DO have a belly - and it is SOOO cute!
I'm so envious of your long frame. You'll carry just beautifully. Me? I just looked like a house. :)
Chad looks VERY happy with his new scooter.

Canadian Kristin said...

YAY!!! A belly shot! Nice! Your bum is so tiny! Hooray to the boys for doing so well at swimming (especially Chad who got over that face-in-water hurdle!)!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Rachel you look fabulous!

Rachel said...

You girls and one man are all so kind! Thank you.
Shawna~it's different. I can't say I enjoy being pregnant at all. I never did with the other kids and it's really no different now. I'm a control freak and this out of control thing is happening to my body. ME NO LIKE.

Stephanie said...

I'll agree with everyone else that you look totally beautiful, Rachel! Pregnancy really does look good on you. (I still can't believe you only JUST started wearing maternity pants.)

Baker said...

Hot Mama!!

You have the perfect little baby bump. I wish I looked that good.

Shawna said...

That's too bad...I loved being pregnant (even through the hot summer and a reno).

I pray the remainder of your pregnancy will be supernaturally amazing!

*S

Barb Stingl said...

You look SO beautiful, Rachel! You're glowing! ;)

cayman77 said...

you look sooooooo cute rach! keep the pics coming!

Dickie Chick said...

You do look amazing Rachel! :o)

Fiona said...

You look wonderful!