Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer all of a Sudden!

That was a bit of a shock to the old body! Going from months on end of cool weather to instant heat. Yikes! I have the sunburn to prove it.

I also got a glimpse of what the rest of the summer will be like for my poor ankles. It's really quite distressing to have ankles that look like puffy pillows. Now I get to feel fat ALL OVER instead of from the knees up :) Drat.


We had the brilliant idea yesterday of going to meet at a park for a sushi lunch with Kori and Roger. It was delicious and we could see all the other moms with their tots eyeing our meal jealously. I bet they were eating yogurt and goldfish crackers!

Thanks for the date!


Keith and I decided to purchase a new light fixture for our dining room. The old one wasn't horrible but didn't really work with our mostly black accesories. We used Christmas money from my grandparents towards this new one. I don't LOVE it but it was the closest thing in our price range. Of course the one we REALLY liked was over $450.00. Not gonna happen!
This old one is up for grabs....come on...you know you WANT it!!!!

8 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

I'm laughing now because I looked at both fixtures and liked them both. . .wasn't sure which one you didn't want. . Then I ran into our dining room and voila. . .there it is. . but we painted ours black .. I send my stuff out to the paint shop in my back yard. . willy nilly.
Anyways, you look fantastic. . .I voted. . .and not ashamed to say I said .. a girl. woo hoo.

Kori's House said...

That was a fabulous friday lunch if I do say so myself :) I did feel bad for the Mommy's chasing toddlers in the heat while we lounged with our grub :)

I love the new fixture, think its perfect for your dining room!
Maybe you should try Lovella's idea and paint the one in the stairwell?!?

Stephanie said...

I like them both too! Just think, pretty soon you'll be back in the old fishy cracker routine again too :)

Keri's Collage... said...

What a fun idea! Lunch in the park without the kids for once! I wish I could have crashed your party!

Love the new fixture Rach! It looks perfect in your dining room!

Anonymous said...

Lunch at the park is the perfect outing in nice weather.

I love the new light fixture. Great choice!

Kerry said...

You look great...is your hair naturally curly? I love it! And the new light fixture looks great. :)

Rachel said...

Lovella, we are going to attempt to spray paint our entry light fixture. It's HUGE and replacing it would cost the earth. Why doesn't MY backyard have a paint shop?
Kerry, yes I have lots of frizzy waves. I don't like to flat iron in summer so you'll be seeing lots of this look on my blog for the next few months :)

villagegirl said...

It was a bit of a cooker yesterday. Frankly it made me a bit cranky. And I don't have puffy ankles to contend with - although I have not forgotten - I'm with you in spirit!
20 weeks?? Where did the time go? You do look fabulous. I was definitely into mat clothes by about 14 weeks. Lucky you!