Saturday, May 10, 2008

Exciting Friday Nights at Our House!


So, you've read about our week and then perhaps you can understand that by last night we were done!

We decided to get a few errands out of the way such as picking up the hanging baskets for Mother's Day. We knew that the nursery would be a crazy zoo today! Each of our moms gets a nice mixed basket each year. They love it...or so they say! I also picked out the ones I wanted from my family....a mixed basket and a basket of impatients. I look forward to them filling out and looking pretty all summer long. Because I have a north facing front yard it's quite devoid of color. Not much grows very well in shade, so the beds consist of shrubs and such. A hanging basket of bright pink impatients really brightens things up.

After stopping at the nursery we went to Canadian Tire to check out their bike selection. Chad somehow dropped his bike and the brake line snapped off. Keith decided that we would get him a new one rather than try and jimmy it back into working order. The old bike was a hand-me-down x 3, so really had a long life. We found the perfect bike for Chad at a price that wasn't too crazy. It was the last one so we bought it on the spot. Keith then took us home and drove back in his jeep to pick it up. He loves his new bike and says it rides much better than his old one. He's also pretty happy that it has shocks! Somehow this really mattered to him!


Keith then planted the pine tree Chad received at his field trip to our local Arbour Day celebrations. I'll make a gardener out of him yet!

After the kids were bathed, fed yet again, and bedded down for the night we collasped in front of the TV and caught up on our shows. We are Survivor and Lost fans. Sure looking forward to the Survivor finale on Sunday!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hanging baskets too. I can't wait to see pics of yours once they're in full bloom.

Keri's Collage... said...

Sounds like a perfect Friday evening to me!

Terry said...

Now that hockey is winding down, my only TV fix is Survivor. I could write a book about how 'thick' Eric is. Anyways, sounds like a nice Friday night, especially for Chad.

Fiona said...

Can you BELIEVE how stupid Eric was on Survivor? Wow! I cannot believe he did that. Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and that you feel celebrated.