Sunday, May 18, 2008

Half Way Day

Today marks week 20 of the pregnancy. Half way to......a BABY!
Eeek. Still haven't worn any maternity pants yet but I suspect this will happen pretty soon. I am feeling energetic and healthy. The baby is moving all the time and those the more enjoyable moments of pregnancy. The two main complaints are swollen ankes/feet and leg cramps. Pretty minor in the scheme of things! The boys are talking about the baby constantly. They are so protective of me and love to talk to my belly. They like to out-do each other. Nate will say: Baby...this is big brother, I love you, I can't wait to play. Then Chad will say: Baby, this is the other brother, I will love you more, and I will play with you more. They are very sweet.

After church we lazed around on the deck for the first half of the afternoon enjoying the sunshine. The second half of the afternoon consisted of a VERY long bike ride. I think we were out for a little under three hours and my bum hurts.

Here are some pictures at one of our rest stops....

11 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

you look fabulous Rachel. would never guess you were 20 weeks pregnant!

Dickie Chick said...

1/2 way there to a baby! Yeah!!! Summer and pregnancy are not fun - I can relate! Malls and air conditioned buildings will be your best friend. ;o) Hang in there. I agree by the way, you do look fabulous!

Barb Stingl said...

Rachel, you look AMAZING! You don't even look like you are pregnant! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Half way through. Your pregnancy will be over before you know it. And then comes the real fun. :)

Good job on that long bike ride. I'm impressed!

Kori's House said...

You do not look 20 weeks at all! You look fantastic Rach!

I think that so cool that the boys talk to the baby and love it so much!! I'm looking forward to their boy/girl reaction :)

Jenn said...

Wow! Half way there already?? Time sure flies... You look amazing and I can't even tell that you're prego from the pictures! Hope your bum feels better :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Great pictures Rach!
It's crazy how fast 20 weeks went! I'm glad to hear that the boys are loving their brother/sister already! That's very cool! Will you talk about baby names with them when you find out if it's a boy or girl, or will you surprise them?

Kerry said...

That's so exciting...20 weeks already. Looking forward to the next 20? Glad the boys are so excited...you'll definitely have some helping hands after the baby is born.

Canadian Kristin said...

YAY for baby flutterings....so fun! I love how the boys are so excited and trying to out-love each other about their new sib. Very cool!
Kori has a great gel seat on her bike...may want to invest in such a thing for those long bike rides...I hear we're in for more sun!!!
As for the ankles: I lived with ice cubes in a foot bath and BShop peppermint foot cream to my knees...helped the swollen ankles a fair bit....and keep 'em up....really...for a loooong time each evening....really.....or you'll stretch out your favourite shoes...which you might want to put away til after baby comes...trust me....!!!

Lovella ♥ said...

Are you kidding? You look fantastic. no wonder you don't need maternity gear yet. Sore bum maybe but it appears to be paying off.
I'm so happy your menfolk are so excited for the baby ..

Lovella ♥ said...

. . .running right over with a gold sticker. . I wish you could have seen my smile. . it's beautiful.. . (the header that is)