Friday, May 23, 2008

We Saw.....IT!

Keith and I went to Mission Hospital for my ultra-sound today.
Comparing to my experience with both Nathan and Chad this was amazing with a capital 'A'! Really.
Our tech today was the most lovely and personable lady. She too was pregnant with an oopsie-baby, so of course she could be completely empathetic to how we were feeling and what we'd like to know about the results. She told us that there are very few techs that allow the husband in for the entire procedure and she welcomed Keith in for the whole thing. She patiently explained every measurment she took, every picture she took, and every image on the screen. She also had the screen towards us the whole time as well. Back with both boys the tech would only allow Keith in the room for the last 5 minutes or so. And they would not talk during the procedure nor let you see the screen until the end. It made it such a cold, clinical procedure.
Today we were assured that the baby was growing normally, has all it's odds and ends, no deformities and my due date is accurate. The baby's heart-rate was 145, so make what you'd like of that! Sounds like the same as my other two. The baby would not flip over for her so she couldn't get us a decent photo. We told her not to worry about it since we'd get photos next month at our 3D scan.
The bladder thing wasn't too bad either. I absolutely did NOT follow the instructions and still had plenty of fluid in me to be able to get a proper ultra-sound. PHEW. I was really worried about that aspect.
Anyways....I'm glad that part is done! I feel a lot better knowing the baby is in good shape. I didn't take my vitamins in the 1st trimester so of course was imagining all sorts of problems. Now all this baby has to do is GROW!
Oh right....last night I went on a walk with Kori, Keri and their husbands. This is a killer walk that they have been doing for the past 6+ months at a very vigourous pace. I did my VERY best to keep up and it just about killed me. They live in a neighborhood with many steep hills. I did survive and felt pretty good afterwards. The bonus was that was when I took off my shoes and socks at home my feet had completely gone back down to normal size! Even this morning....I can see bones and veins and tendons. This thrills me! So, now I know how to cure what ails me. Keri and Kori.....I'll be back!

15 comments:

Barb Stingl said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! SO happy to hear that baby is doing well!! Will be excited to find out if it's a boy or a girl ;)

Kori's House said...

That's awesome Rachel! I am so glad it was a good experience!!

Does this mean the tech couldn't see if you have a he or a she??

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience! I agree with you that back in the day everything was so cold and clinical.

Glad to hear that baby is doing well. :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Great news! I wondered all day how it went. Glad to know that Baby is doing great! Glad to know you didn't pee your pants! Glad to know that you had a great experience!

And thanks for joining us last night! We were tricked by that beautiful sunset!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the swelling went down, and that baby is doing so well!!

Sheila

Jennie said...

How fun is that?! Did it look just like the spinning baby on your front blog page? ;) So cute!

Lovella ♥ said...

nothing like a good walk to get the circulation flowing.
Oh I'm so glad that you had a positive ultrasound experience. What a blessing to be given the all clear right aways.

Karis said...

Yeah!! Happy to hear that the baby is growing well. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

great news Rachel!

Kerry said...

That's great. Glad everyone is doing well. Only a few more months till we get to see the little angel. :)

Terry said...

Just awesome, in all respects.

Jenn said...

Great news! Keep up the walkin; that's great that the swelling went down!

villagegirl said...

That's great news all around! Glad your u/s went well. It can be so nasty if you get a cranky old bat.
And the walking! I wish I would have known! I would have gone for a good march more often. :)
Glad all's well.

cayman77 said...

sweet stuff. Cant wait to see the 3-d pics. hope you post them! & a pic of your belly-!

Canadian Kristin said...

Great news about baby being 'on track' and great news about the swelling being down in your feet! Hooray.....you're over half-way to DUE!!!!

The whole pregnancy process sure has come along way since we started, eh?! Not all progress is bad....yay for capitalism and a consumer society that demands nicer ultrasound techs!! :-)