Monday, May 12, 2008

The Week-End

I had a great rest of my weekend! The right amount of relaxing with some work thrown in for good measure. My Mennonite heritage dictates that I must accomplish something each day (minus Sunday!). It's in-bred. I can't help it!

On Saturday I took Chad's bookshelves and toybins to to task. They were getting very cluttered, dusty and full of odds and ends that needed a home. With some help from both boys we had it all tidy and looking organized within an hour!

A short time later Chad came running to tell me that during some rough-housing with Nate his front tooth got knocked out! This was great news because that tooth had been sitting at a crooked angle for sometime already and we were tired of calling him 'snaggletooth'. His smile is MUCH cuter now!
Aren't these undies cute? Chad got these from his auntie for his birthday.
When I came downstairs Sunday morning to check my email (daily routine) I was VERY VERY happy to find this surprise waiting for me! I had been eyeing this chair at Costco for quite sometime now but always talked myself out of it by telling myself if I was too comfy at the computer I might sit in front of it even longer than I already do! The old chair is hard and makes one's bum sore after a few minutes. I'm thrilled with my new office chair....it's a dream to sit in!


Mother's Day was grand. The boys made me very touching cards at school. Keith treated me like a queen all day....I didn't have to lift a finger. My mom had us over for a turkey lunch which was very delicious. The day ended with us watching the Survivor finale. Not sure I'm too happy about the winner but am pleased for Amanda and Ozzy that they found love. I'm such a sap!

7 comments:

cayman77 said...

Very nice Rach! you deserve it! Glad you were treated like a Prince*ess as you should be! BTW- you looked totally adorable Sat. Night. You cut*ie PI.

Ps- the carrot cake was so fab- I need the frosting ingredients!

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks like the perfect mother's day! Glad you were spoiled :)

Anonymous said...

That chair is divine! I wouldn't blame you if you never got up out of it again.

Terry said...

Wanna' trade chairs?

Barb Stingl said...

I LOVE the chair!!!! Looks SO cozy! You deserve it, and your back will thank you as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Your mom had YOU over for lunch? Who did something for her? She deserves a wonderful day , too. (-:

Canadian Kristin said...

I celebrate your kooshie new blog-typing chair!!!!
Happy Mother's Day!