Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bonus Post

There are some of my blog readers who seem to be fairly anxious for a pregnancy update. I was just at the doctor's for a check up and this is what I can tell you:

~ I am gaining weight like nobody's business. It's packing on really fast and it's rather distressing!

~ The triple screen blood test came back with good results. This is a genetic test for 'older' mothers to predict the chances of the baby having chromosonal defects.

~ It's time to book my ultra sound. I hear Mission's clinic is the best, so I am heading there for a scan on May 23rd. I am scared I will pee my pants. Pray for me!

~My regular pants still fit....thank goodness for low-rise waistlines.

~ My doctor loves my Sketchers....funny man! He doesn't usually say much at my appts but today it was all about the shoes!

~ Keith forgot to show up at my appt (he is required to attend all of them with me...it's our little agreement) and he feels VERY VERY VERY bad. I have a feeling I will be getting flowers tonight


***UPDATE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS***

1. The May ultrasound is not the 3D scan. That will happen in June and we will be finding out the gender. This is so I can adjust either way :)
2. No nicknames. We call it 'the baby'. Very original, no? We actually do not talk about the baby much at all. Strange but true.

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Flowers = Fabulous...hopefully they are tulips :)

Thanks for the update on baby...do you have a nick-name for her yet...I'm guessing it's a girl;)

Stephanie said...

Yay, flowers! That's a bonus, Rach. That'll brighten your day :) And, how can you be gaining "so much weight" and still fit into your regular pants? Somehow, that doesn't compute. I think you are making it out to be worse than it realy is. Finally, is May 23rd when you will get the 3D ultrasound? I hope you are getting a wee bit excited by now. You're almost half way there, dear cousin of mine!

Keri's Collage... said...

He's a lucky man if he gets away with missing an appointment! My husband would lose his 'left nut' if he didn't show up! Make that his 'right nut'....hahaha

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' there better be some chocolates to go along with those flowers. But then again, that would contribute to the weight thing. But hey, you're supposed to be eating for two, so go ahead. :)

I almost peed my pants during one of my ultrasounds. Long story, but funny now that it's ancient history.

Stephanie said...

If I were you, I wouldn't drink quite as much as they tell you to before the exam. (Maybe 3/4 or 4/5 of the amount.) They told me you are told to drink more than you really need to.

Barb Stingl said...

I don't envy you in the "ultra sound department." I always find it SO hard to hold it all in :0 It sounds like things are moving along quite well :) YAY for a healthy baby! I am SO happy for you guys!

villagegirl said...

That sounds like a great report!
I'm with Stephanie. The weight must not be that bad if you're still in your regulare pants! I'm impressed!
I can't wait to hear about the ultrasounds! No don't drink all the water - but I think you told me that? You are the wise one, you'll do just fine.

Lovella ♥ said...

What a hoot. I love that you just blog around your hubby. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Too funny.
I'm glad you are doing so well.
I hope you enjoyed the flowers. . .hee hee

Oh yeah, and don't drink nearly as much. It's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Since I've just been through the whole pregnancy/ultrasound stuff, and I work in the ultrasound dept at Richmond... my suggestion is to start drinking your water only 1 hour before your exam. This got me through both of my ultrasounds with no problems!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby.
YOU ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!! The more you talk about the BABY now, the less of a shock it will be when the BABY arrives. Ask me how I know this..... ;-)

Happy ultrasound!!!