Friday, May 09, 2008

This Week

I don't care to have weeks like this past one too often. It was crazy hectic and stressful! I do not thrive in this type of environment at all.
It started off with Keith being called out at 2:30 am on Tuesday to investigate a HUGE fire at some new townhouses in East Abby. He got home from the scene at 5:30 pm that afternoon. He was so very tired. It was great experience for him and he enjoyed it but that investigation took over his regular work load all this week. The regular work just kept piling up and there are two people in his department away from the office so he is filling in for them as well.

On top of all this Nate has had a huge project due today that we have been helping him work on each night. I shouldn't say 'we'. It's been mostly Keith. Keith is a perfectionist....Nate doesn't give a rat's arse about his school work so to say things got a bit tense would about describe the nightly homework scene. I don't think Nate was to bed before 10 pm all week. Needless to say the project is done and it looks pretty great. I hope Keith gets an 'A' on it :) I sure don't remember my parents helping me out so much with my schoolwork but then again maybe they did and I just don't recall. Today he is presenting his report to the class. Keith is out all day with Chad for a grade one field trip. What a great Dad! I rarely can attend fieldtrips due to my work schedule and it means so much to the kids to have their mom or dad there. I am very grateful to have a husband that is more than willing to participate in his children's education.
My kids are also in the midst of a set of swimming lessons. Twice a week we head to the pool directly after school. Chad has made a break through with his fear of water issues. He can now confidently put his head under water. I figured I have paid $225.00 over the past 3 years for him to accomplish this. I try not to think of it that way since it gets my blood boiling :) Everyone has issues and Chad's happen to be a horrible fear of water. I just want him to be able to swim so he can attend birthday parties, go to summer camp and simply be safe around water! Learning to swim is a must in my books.

I had a great day out on Wednesday with Kori and Keri. They let me tag along on their weekly Wednesday day out. We hit Guildford to check out some maternity shops. We had a fabulous time laughing and eating and smashing OPI nail polish bottles. Perhaps one of them will blog that!

On Wednesday evening I hosted a baby shower at my house for a coworker who had a baby girl at the end of March. It was a full house and we ate SO much. It was potluck and everyone contributed a tasty dish. Very little work for me. I just put out plates and made sure I had vacuumed, dusted and scrubbed the bathroom. A grand time was had by all.

That's the week round up. I hope to have a very relaxing weekend with lots of time to put my feet up. My ankles are starting to swell at the end of the day now and so I have every reason to take it easy!!!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Sounds like a crazy week. When I was pregnant with Anika, I complained about my feet a lot and since I'm not big on getting pedicures, my hubby bought me a foot spa...so I could do it at home. What a treat, let me tell you. Definitely worth the investment. When you have weeks like you did, it's so nice just to put your feet into a warm little tub with massaging bubbles. :) If we lived closer, I'd give you mine!

villagegirl said...

Well, that's quite a week! Go Keith for all that effort and being a good dad.
yes, you definitely need to put your feet up. Mine swelled up like balloons - I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

What a nutty week! Thank goodness it's over eh? All I really want to know more about is smashing nail polish bottles. What's up with that?