Monday, June 04, 2007

Spent All My Money Pie*

The weekend antics of the crazy lady crew.....the follow-up trip to the original in 2005. This posse consisted of Keri, Kori, Jillian and myself. We have started something we may not be able to stop. A girls shopping extravaganza to Seattle every two years. Yeehaw!
You will see the other versions on their respective blogs. This is mine.....


Nathan and Keith washed and vacuumed the car for us gals right before departure. Now wasn't that nice?! I must give credit to all the husbands who willingly stayed behind with the young 'uns. Some of them only needed beer and dried meat to sustain themselves. No names to protect the innocent.


Oh look at us all ready to flee the country. Jill has the youngest kids so she was the most deliriously anticipating the freedom. You can't buy a smile like that!


First stop was dinner at Mi Mexico. It was fast and delicious and worth a few laughs. Keri was giddy for no reason whatsoever. But she did compose herself enough to eat a huge plate of Mexican deliciousness....as we all did!










Well you learn something new all the time. Miss Keri here cannot function properly or sing until she has her morning coffee. She also doesn't care for cameras until after the first sip. She doesn't scare me.

Yum...slightly chewy waffles from our free breakfast at the hotel. It tasted...well....free! But it gave us the necessary calories to be able to shop for several hours before a very naughty lunch of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream!



After some more power shopping we decided that our bodies needed some 'real' food. The sugar lows were making us drag our feet so we stopped in at Panera Bread. Oh my! Highly recommended for wonderful fresh sandwiches, salads, baking, soups etc. Hey GFF if you are reading this we totally thought of you as we ate there :)


I bet you can't guess what we did after our 'lupper'. Okay.....give up? Shopped some more. Then we decided that our puffy swollen hot feet needed a dip in the hotel hot tub. Look at us yummy mummies! One wee miracle of the weekend is that we ALL found new swim suits at the same store and they were all 40% off! I think this is unheard of.

Thanks Kori for taking over my most hated chore...flat ironing!

The damage women can cause.....
This was the final day and we had to shop a major outlet centre. It was time for high calorie intake. And it worked! I had the energy to buy THREE pairs of shoes! Incredible I know.


We found this sign in a great little country store. I loved it!
Home again....


And finally here are my boys with their spoils. I found some cute Lego candy at one of the shops I knew they would love. They also got some little 'Pop-It' firecrackers and new beach towels.



*I'm afraid that if you haven't seen the movie 'Waitress' this title will make no sense whatsoever.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls are very fortunate to have such wonderful hubbies. Thats all I can say!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Like I've said on the other girls' blogs, that trip looks awesome, and very familiar. And now that I see your pics, I'm pretty sure we stay in the same hotel with the breaky included. Love those waffles. :) I'm glad you girls got to get away. Looks like fun and really makes me want to do it again. I LOVE that mall. :)

Colleen said...

What a BLAST! I love that honkin' smile on Jillian's face. Just looking at her makes me feel like smiling!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh... can I come next time? Please?? It looks like a BLAST and you girlies know how to shop!! I definitely recognize the asian chicken salad from Panera, it's my FAV... and I am actually heading there RIGHT NOW to spend the day writing! I loooove all your pictures on your blog!!

Anonymous said...

This is the 4th and final version of the story that I've now read and yet there are still no pictures of you gals modeling your fabulous new bathing suits. I'm so disappointed. ;)

I love that picture of Keri hysterically laughing. I wish I knew what she was laughing about.

villagegirl said...

Sonya, we wish we knew too! It was pure delight to be at a restaraunt with no children I think. :)
It was SO much fun! It went far too fast! It's true, it had been 2 years since we went last and we just hopped right in like it had been last weekend. Too fun.

Keri's Collage... said...

Sonya...I wish I knew what I was laughing about!! I think it was brought on my a super hungry tummy, a long tiring day at work, and FREEDOM!!

Theresa said...

Yes, that pic of Jillian is the best! I totally remember that feeling when my girls were wee ones! So glad you could all get away together!

Canadian Kristin said...

You girls sure seemed to get lots of great deals, great food and great fun packed into one little weekend! Awesome!

Kori's House said...

Sonya, Jill & I are wearing our new swimmer's but looks like our 'white ta ta's' are distracting you :)

Mateo said...

that Tex Mex looked good but I hate to tell you that aint mexican