Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer is Coming When.....

....I get to make a batch of Monster Cookies! Oh yum, I do love these cookies! Anyone else out there have memories of eating these as kids? I cannot make them during the school year because they have peanut butter in them and I like to add M&M's with peanuts as well. So the kids can't take them to school. So when summer comes I make them and a full recipe will last us the entire summer. It's an absolutely enormous recipe and I did cut it in half yesterday because I didn't quite have enough ingredients or containers for my freezer actually! But even doing only half took me all afternoon and I have two huge containers plus an ice cream bucket full of yumminess.

This is just the first few pan fulls. My oven was on for several hours.
And doesn't that make a nice seguey into my latest purchase? About a month ago I discovered that my scale wasn't working. It said I only weighed 110 lbs and as nice as that looked it simply isn't and never will be true! Some people may be over-joyed to have their scale break but for me it's a very necessary part of my life. I struggle with my weight and have found that the best way for me to keep on track is a weekly weigh-in. No good for me to go by how my clothes fit. By the time I would feel a difference I would have probably put on a good 10 lbs! Anyhow, I bought this new baby yesterday and am happy to get back into my weigh-in routine.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

katybruk said...

I think I want cookies...

villagegirl said...

That's funny! I was just thinking yesterday how I should make some monster cookies. I didn't but great minds do think alike!! It's that twin thing going on again. :)

Keri's Collage... said...

I've never made them but now am craving them! Is the recipe in the C.C. cookbook?

Nice new scale!

Rachel said...

Page 45 of the 'Cookies' Company's Coming cookbook.
If anyone wants the recipe I can always email it to you!

Canadian Kristin said...

Recipe please!

I haven't owned a scale ever....probably a good idea to invest in one! I like the big dials on yours.... Costco?

L&D said...

Ok, those cookie photos are INSANE! I wanted to jump into the computer and eat them right there. I think I'll have to make myself a batch.....and I don't bake!

Kori's House said...

oh man, you did it again. I even bought m&m's tonight so I can make some :)
Of course I have to eat them or give them away because of Karli... I am sure I will do a little of both :)

Shawna said...

I thought that the whole reason you had the scale in the post was because you measured the weight of all those cookies...however that may be a new way to mentally block me from eating cookies - weigh them prior to eating them and just think that is 0.5 Lbs going onto my un-lovely handles :)

Now that I have said that I would love the recipe for the Monster Cookies - because I do have a cookie monster living with me :)

Please email me at paulandshawna@telus.net - Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I admire your perseverance to make all of those cookies. I'm sure your family was extremely grateful!

Nice looking scale. I'm impressed that you way yourself every week. I haven't weighed myself in years because every time I do it sends me spiralling into despair. Gary forbade me from ever weighing myself again.

Anonymous said...

That scale only goes to 3oo pounds?!

agent713 said...

Mmm those cookies look yummy. I've never had them with peanut m&m's but I like that idea!
~Heidi...who doesn't own a scale and has no intention of buying one...

katybruk said...

okay, okay, recipe please :) They look perfect for a sunny picnic-type day :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

those look too good!