Monday, June 30, 2008

Alaska!

My mom just got back from an Alaskan cruise. She had worked up until very recently, at the Silk Tree Warehouse. After 14 years, the owner decided to sell the business. As a thank-you to his employees for their hard work he took them all on a cruise!!!

I do believe my mom had a wonderful time. She did things she never does at home.....spa treatments, DANCING, eating fancy meals etc. I'm really glad she had this opportunity. She did forgo the helicoptor tour of the glacier which I thought was a shame. Apparently it was really cold the whole time, so she's delighted with our current heatwave.

We went there for supper tonight and she handed out some really fun souveniers.

The boys got some pretty good bear hats, bear poop and salmon eggs. Keith received some bear claws and chocolate. I got some yummy looking salmonberry jelly and chocolate as well.

Thanks Mom!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to reward employees! Looks like you scored some pretty neat souvenirs.

Kori's House said...

Do you think our employer would ever take us on a cruise :)

Looks like your mom loves you :)

Canadian Kristin said...

So fun! I love it when employers treat their staff like that!!!

Fiona said...

Wow! That's an amazing treat. Very fun for your Mom and I'm glad she got to go dancing! Us Mennos need to lite up the dance floor every once in awhile. :)