Thursday, June 05, 2008

Staying Home


I decided that on my day off this week I would stay home for a change (and my gas tank will thank me). There was nothing in town I desperately needed and figured what was desperately needed was a good ole house-cleaning. I tend to neglect my house in summer. I don't want to be indoors when the sun shines so today's purge is meant to last a long while!

I started in the far east corner and worked my way to the basement. As usual, the thoroughness and motivation started to wane about half way through, but I did accomplish a lot. My bathrooms drawers and cupboards are vacuumed out, the bathroom rug and kitchen mat have been laundered, the various heaps and piles that accumulate have been dealt with, the kitchen cupboards have been wiped down, the floors have been swept and vacuumed, and the linen closet was sorted and now I have a big bag for charity. Phew! It feels great.

I also swapped our winter duvet out for a lighter colored summery one. I found it in my linen closet purge! It might be the last season for it though...it's a bit thin in spots.

My tidy kitchen eating area with the flowers Keith gave me yesterday for a tiny spat we had. It's all water under the bridge now :)
Also, we are off on a little romantic get-away to Seattle this weekend and I do love coming home to a clean house.

The bonus for me today is that I will be rewarded with a delicious dinner out at Greek Islands. It's Keith's dad's birthday and his mom is taking us all out. Perfect!!!

11 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow...what a clean house. I think when pregnant women clean they call it "Nesting". :) Have a good weekend away!!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful house, Rachel. You sure are a good housekeeper/cook/wife/mother . . . :)

Anonymous said...

You really went all out on your cleaning! I love days like that. Well, the sense of accomplishment anyway.

Have a great weekend away!

Keri's Collage... said...

Awesome!

cayman77 said...

Have a blast in wonderful Seattle :-)

Lovella ♥ said...

Okay .. now i want to go clean house..you have inspired me to get some of it done before tomorrow. . maybe it will be dry and I can play outside.
Enjoy your weekend.

did I say already what a nice header you have?

Kori's House said...

Hope you guys have a fantastic Romantic getaway!
How nice to come home to a clean house!!

Jenn said...

Nice work Rachel. Hope you have a relaxing fun trip!!
We're having a garage sale today, so I've been purging too... I can hardly wait to get rid of some crap!

Kimberley said...

there is something about a clean house that is so satisfying. speaking of that, i gotta go and clean mine.
p.s. i'll try and comment more often.

villagegirl said...

Everything looks so fresh and lovely! I love the feeling after a good purge!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend away! We'll miss you in church!

Keri's Collage... said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip!