Saturday, June 28, 2008

Drip, Drip, Drip

No, we don't have a leaky pipe.
That is my sweat glands from top to bottom protesting this heatwave! I don't want to be a complainer because we did have a wretched, cold, and wet spring but does it really have to be 32 degrees? I think 26 is perfectly lovely.

I have been a sweating ball of humanity all day today. Ugh. It's so sticky.

We spent the morning at Kori's son's final baseball game of the season. It was our first time watching his team and they are really good! Unfortunately, they lost by a very close margin and came second in their league. The field was pretty hot and I didn't have the foresight to bring my beach umbrella. Live and learn.

In the afternoon I lounged on a chair in the shade of our big cherry tree while the kids enjoyed the slip n slide. It was really nice, minus the sounds of the two of them fighting pretty much the whole time. Only second day of summer vacation and they're already cruising for a bruising!

This evening we shipped the kids off to Keith's parents for the night and went for supper with Kori & Roger and Keri and Dave. A rare treat. We sat out on Milestone's patio (which was really hot with very little breeze) and drank lots of Coke and enjoyed a nice dinner. We decided to round off the evening with a little gelato and a walk around Mill Lake. A great evening with great friends.

We came home to find our upstairs at 29 degrees. I am currently in the basement hoping that the upstairs cools down a bit before bedtime. Wishful thinking!

8 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

Thanks for letting me invite myself to your party :)
Maybe you need to invest in a kiddie pool to put those feet into :)

Keri's Collage... said...

PS...thanks for coming to the game today! It was fun to have you there! Would have been more fun for the boys to win the finals, but it was a nice day to sit outside!

Stephanie said...

You would love having a heat pump! In the summer it cools the house down, and in the winter you are warmed up. We are now as cool as cucumbers. But to be pregnant and hot . . . yuck! Poor you. That's a double whammy.

QuiltNut Creations said...

it's pretty warm out. looks like a very yummy dinner!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to feel sorry for you but it's not working because I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday we hit 36 degrees and today it's a whopping 41 degrees. I like it warm, but this is getting ridiculous!

Canadian Kristin said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, gelato! May the shade cool you down each day and may the wind blow the heat out of your bedrooms each evening!

Shawna said...

Seriously - you hang out with mighty nice lookin' peeps!

Ps. Rach, you look fabulous!
When I grow up can I look like you?

villagegirl said...

Well, the boys at least look like they're having fun.
That's so nice to go out with friends. Good company, good food and ice cream. Doesn't get much better than that.