Sunday, June 29, 2008

Golf Time

Another year, another staff golf tournament. I didn't let a silly thing like pregnancy prevent me from signing up this year. It's the only time I golf all year and do quite enjoy it! I need to brag that I used the same golf ball the entire course. I think that is a first for me! Keith made up for it and lost at least 10 balls :)
Our ever faithful partners, Kori and Roger joined us for a very very very warm day on the greens.
I was adament that I would walk the course. No need for a cart...I definitely needed the exercise and have previously thought carts were for lazy people. Okay....three holes into the game I was dying and knew that I would never be able to walk 18 holes! The temperature was rising rapidly and I was wilting at the same pace. Roger was a gem and went back to the clubhouse to rent the women a cart. Kori was sweet enough to drive me around all day. I must say it was very adventurous as she sped, swerved and made that little car get 'air' over the hills. Yowzers! If I had been further along I think I would have gone into labour. But totally fun and it sure beat walking!

At the lunch after golf, everyone gets a door prize. Keith got a tool set that he really didn't need so I traded it for these lovely frying pans. One can never have enough actually!

This was my prize and I let Keith take it. He floated in our 'pool' all afternoon. We lowered the temp and I had my feet in there as well. What a lifesaver!

7 comments:

Kori's House said...

That was so fun! I look forward to it every year. I think last year we had rain?? Not sure which is worse, rain or 34*!

Sorry about the 'air', I wasn't expecting moguls :)
Sorry Baby!!

Keith looks VERY refreshed in the tub!

Anonymous said...

I think that pregnant or not a golf cart is a must when it's that warm out. :)

Great prize! It seems that I'm in need of new frying pans every couple of years.

That pic of Keith in the hot tub is priceless!

Canadian Kristin said...

YAY FOR THE BELLY PHOTO!!!!!!!!
You look so AWESOME, Rachel!!!!


Oh, and yay for golf carts that save the day, and for great prizes at your annual Texas Scramble Tournie!!! You guys always have so much fun, almost makes golfing seem like fun....almost! :-)

villagegirl said...

Hee, hee, can I come for a ride with Kori next time?
Maybe you should go golfing once more closer to your due date. Just to help things along a little. :)
The tub picture is great. I bet you guys are in the 'pool' every day!

Murray and Tracy said...

Looks like a fun day. You look awesome! Just a few more months until we meet the little guy. We are looking forward to finally meeting him.

cayman77 said...

Rach! You look totally adorable!!!!!!!!!!

Fiona said...

You guys are smarties. Lower the pool temp. Gooooood thinkin'. Good golfing, too!