Sunday, June 15, 2008

All About Dads

Yesterday I had a spur of the moment idea to have my parents over tonight for dinner as a Father's Day celebration. I like impromtou get togethers as there is not as much time to stress over details.
I asked my dad for any special requests in the dessert department. He wasn't too slow in answering: CHOCOLATE. He doesn't get too much at home since my mom doesn't care for it. Specifically he wanted brownies with frosting. Easy! I also got some cinnamon buns from Cobbs because I know those would go down a treat.

For supper we had chicken and prawns on skewers, rice, salad, fruit and naan bread. Very yummy.

After supper the gang hit the hot tub. I refrained for two reasons. Daylight. I do not want to get into a bathing suit unless it's dark! And it was FULL, very full and the water was already overflowing. Besides I could come down here and blog to my heart's content!

Obviously this was before all six people were in the tub!

Oh, I had to post a picture of the FIRST baby thing Keith and I have purchased. We got in while we were away last weekend in Seattle.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Don't know how it is possible, but that all tasted even better than it looks. Thanks for the great Father's day, Rachel and Keith. I'm proud to be your dad.

Stephanie said...

Looks good! Are those local strawberries already?

Anonymous said...

Man, you really know how to do dessert! I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about brownies and strawberries now.

Barb Stingl said...

I'm with Sonya on this one! Now I want browniews! LOL! I LOVE the little baby outfit! TOO cute!

Keri's Collage... said...

What a great way to celebrate Rach! Looks awesome!

Baker said...

Yay for baby clothes!! Good to know baby wont come home naked:o)

Kimberley said...

i absolutely LOVE that onesie. so cute. your little one just might take you up on what it says on it too. :o)

Fiona said...

It's 5:30 and all I want is dessert now. Thanks! haha Very cute onesie.