Monday, June 09, 2008

Grad 1991!

Lovella has encouraged her readers to post a picture of themselves in their grad dresses....then and now! I will be not participating in the 'now' version as my 6 month pregnant body would rip the seams. Here is my pretty white brocade dress. My mom took me to Bellingham to chose it. I got it from a bridal shop and it was $130.00 US. BIG money in those days. This was a huge treat for me as my Mom usually sewed all my dresses. A store bought item was really special. I also got my first (and so far only) strapless bra. Truth be told I'm sure I didn't even really need a bra!!! I loved my dress and got to wear it three times. Our grad banquet, grad night and then the next summer to Keith's grad. Ahhhhh...memories.




7 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Rachel. . you look so beautiful. How fun to choose a dress in a bridal shop. You have the best excuse so far for not modeling it today.

Oh. . and I'm so glad that you will be contributing to the recipe blog. . we need some younger girls too. Maybe you can talk a few more into joining up.

Kori's House said...

Great picture of you Rach!! I don't think I have ever seen that one :)

Just about to post mine :)

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! I had my grad dress altered after grad and eventually got rid of it. Now that's the best excuse EVER for not modelling it now. :)

villagegirl said...

Gorgeous as always. I'm toying with the idea of hauling mine out tomorrow...first I have to go dig up some pics. :)

Shawna said...

Simply beautiful...I didn't know that you were OLDER than Keith. Hmm, interesting.

Chastity said...

Aww...you looked so cute! I wore a similar style dress to my 8th grade spring dance around 1993, except mine was much shorter and made me look like a 13 yr old hooker, lol.

Fiona said...

That's great. It's actually not too too out of style. Not bad. :) You don't look like you've aged a lot though .. not fair!