Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots of Buns

I feel very much like a Mennonite woman today. I made buns!!! Not just plain buns mind you, but Meat Piroshky! Despite my fear of working with yeast and large amounts of flour they turned out even better than I had hoped.

I also made half a batch of monster cookies. Phew! Lots of baking today. I was about to go out and mow the lawn but Keith says 'NO WAY!'. I guess I deserve to put my feet up now.
Step by step instructions taped to my cupboards.

My Oma would be so proud if she knew. But she won't know....I don't want to blow my cover.

10 comments:

Terry said...

Never thought I would see the day when you turned completely 'Menno'.

Kori's House said...

I'm proud of you Rach! Way to conquer yeast!!

LOVE the instructions taped to your cupboards :)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! I too am proud that you conquered your fear of working with yeast.

Keri's Collage... said...

Yay!! You really are Menno :)

Shawna said...

Wow - I wish I just could have taken the scent of your home and put it in mine...maybe it would have made my lavender pine-sol smell go away and replace it with the sweet aroma of doughy goodness!

villagegirl said...

Those are fabulous looking buns you have! :)
And Meat Piroshky! I am SO impressed! My Omi used to always make those but she never used a recipe. And they are still one of my favourite things! Maybe you'd pass yours on? Unless, of course, it's a family secret.

Keri's Collage... said...

I have NEVER had one of these but have seen and heard of them!

sultana said...

Never mind Oma being impressed......I am ! Of course so would your grandma have been impressed. Anything new you try in your gourmet kitchen would have made her say "Right on girl !"

Lovella ♥ said...

Awesome job on those Buns. . wow they look great. . I love the pictures on the cupboards. Smart and talented.

Fiona said...

And you say you're not girly.