Sunday, February 20, 2011

Frozen Smiles

The sun was shining today. I felt it wrong to stay inside despite the extremely cold temperatures so we took a little trek out to Cultus Lake. The sun had a hint of warmth but it certainly wasn't comfortable at all! I find that with each passing year the cold bothers me more and more.
The cold air should take care of those lingering germs. Liam had the flu on Friday and Saturday. Chad has a nasty head cold. Good times.
Liam was happy on the first half of our walk. After his fingers went numb he was more than a little cranky. It also didn't help matter this was all happening during his regular nap time.

Mwah! I love this man.


Many of the old cottages have been torn down and replaced by fancy homes. They each have quite the unique architectural design and it was fun to stop and stare into all their windows!



If you've never been walking along Cultus Lake, this makes a really nice Sunday afternoon stroll. Just pick a warmer day.


6 comments:

Kori's House said...

That looks like the perfect kinda day to relax and freeze off some of the 'bugs'!

Anonymous said...

I definitely would have chosen a warmer day. You guys are a brave bunch!

villagegirl said...

I don't believe I've ever walked that section of the lake. It reminds me of Crescent beach! We were out in it as well but without the breeze off the water!
Lovely day though.

Fiona said...

I was sitting on my couch enjoying it today, too, and then made myself get up and go for a run ... and I actually ENJOYED it! I know ... don't tell anyone. Ssshh.

I've never walked that section of the lake, either. Might have to do that soon.

Trace said...

It does look cold but very pretty!! :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

haven't walked around the lake in years! you picked a beautiful day for it.

hope the boys are all on the mend.