Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pressure Cooker

Sometimes too much happens at once. I don't do well under extreme stress and right now that's where things are at.
At this moment so much is going on that I feel that I am not firing with all cylinders!
On top of this house purchase/sale, showings, Liam's weird new sleep habits and a busy time at work, Keith's back went 'out' on Wednesday. I got the call to pick him up from work at 8:00 am and since that time I've been on an emotional roller coaster. To make a long saga short, Keith was taken to hospital by ambulance Thursday night to deal with the excruciating back spasms. I was brave through it all but now that he's home and doing so much better (thanks to narcotics) I am losing it emotionally. Too much right now...just too much.
Can we just fast foward a few weeks to a calm point please?!

8 comments:

white girl said...

Hang in there, girl! Wish I could come by with some chocolate and Chai to give you a breather in the midst of the turmoil. I know what it's like to be bombarded from every angle and just don't know if you can take even one more thing. The great thing is that it all smooths out. I hope it smooths out soon for you so that you can relax!

Terry said...

You have gone through pressure times before and come out OK. Think of some worse things you have endured. There is nothing here that is insurmountable.

Rachel said...

To top it all off I found some new fine lines under my eyes from the stress of the last week. Eeeekkk.
So much for my vanity.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult week. Praying that next week will be heaps better!

Fiona said...

Honestly, let me know if you need me to stop by with a good chick flick, chocolate, Dutch Blitz ... anything to get your mind off of it all. I'm serious!

Colleen said...

Ohhh! I am hugging you! I can't imagine - too MUCH. I am praying for you. HUG HUG HUG (too much hugging? I can stop anytime, just say the word.) ♡

Trace said...

Oh gosh - I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you!! There's nothing worse then when it all happens at once! I hope you guys get to that point where you can look back and be thankful it's all done sooner rather than later!

Keri's Collage... said...

Tonight we will whisk you away for a few hours of relaxation. Just enough time to pull yourself together and remind you that you can do it!! This too shall pass and things will be back to 'normal'.
You have friends praying for you...