Friday, February 11, 2011

Transition

Last Saturday we decided that it was high time Liam moved from crib to bed. He's a big boy in so many ways now. We had thought about switching him over when we move but then decided that maybe a new house AND a new bed might be a bit much. By moving him now, we get rid of one more piece of furniture in the storage room which is great.


No tears of sadness with the 'baby bed' being taken down. A BIG thank you to Auntie Keri who generously loaned me her crib for our surprise baby Liam!

And here we have Nathan and Chad's first bed all set up for Liam. He's pleased as punch...as if it wasn't obvious!


I asked him to pretend to sleep. He could not stop grinning!


And now it will be interesting to see how he does with the new freedom of being able to get in and out of bed on his own. He had never climbed out of his crib (none of my kids did) so we're entering new territory here. I hope that Keith and I made it VERY clear about not getting out of his bed and always calling for mum or dad first. We'll see!


Liam's room isn't often so tidy but with our house being on the market it will be looking this spiffy all the time. Where's my maid?!

7 comments:

Kori's House said...

I love the picture of him 'sleeping' - GRIN!

Is he falling asleep faster these days?

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie! He has the best smile.

villagegirl said...

Don't they look so tiny in their new big beds?! What a big boy he is! I hope he's doing well with his transition! I think you are right in doing it now and not doing it with the move.

white girl said...

I love the shot of him trying to sleep! lol! He's hysterical!

Rachel said...

He's doing AWESOME in his new bed. He stays in and is sleeping so much better now.

Fiona said...

He's SUCH a cutie, but then, you don't need me to tell you that. :) Love, love, love his non-smile. Awesome.

Colleen said...

He's killing me - how adorable! I love how tickled pink he is. I just wanna squish him. :)