Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Something New

After setting up some field trips at school recently for snow-shoeing, I had the idea that I wanted to go myself! I told Keith that this would make a great birthday treat for me. So Keith made all the arrangements and we took ourselves up to Cypress Bowl on Sunday morning. It was pouring here at home so we hoped that meant lots of snow up there. It didn't. We got soaked!

We took the 2 hour guided tour which also included a stop at a 1920's lodge for hot chocolate and cookies. It was well worth it. The guide was so friendly and informative. We really enjoyed ourselves.
The trails were beautiful. It's not hard to snow shoe at all....easy peasy! It's an excellent work out...I really was huffing and puffing trying to keep up to the guide at times. If you go snow shoeing without a guide then you have to stay on the trails. Forging your own path in fresh snow was MUCH more enjoyable!

It sure was wet but all the trees were so pretty covered in snow.


My camera obviously had a few rain drops on the lens here. We had a great day out and ended it off with a delicious and well earned Chinese food supper.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been snow shoeing but it sure does look like fun.

villagegirl said...

I've never been either but always wanted to try! Glad it was such a good day for you...even if it rained.

Kerry said...

Sure looks like fun!! The pictures are great. The snow shoes look way better than they used to. :)

Fiona said...

Fun! I went a couple of years ago and we had a great time, too ... although we didn't go with a guide and had to stick to the trail. :( Forging your own trail sounds like more fun!

Trace said...

That looks like so much fun! I've never been in the snow, but it looks beautiful! :)

white girl said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! The hot cocoa sounds like the perfect rest stop activity. Mm... cocoaaaaa.